…THE DALMAR will change your mind about what a hotel can be…of how a Hotel can transform the city that surrounds it…It will be a hotel unlike anything Fort Lauderdale has seen. A hotel that celebrates the city’s past, while shaping its future. In the process, it will establish itself as a vibrant cultural hub in the local scene – and an essential destination for the global creative class.
- SINCERE: builds emotional connections with guests through empathy and thoughtful service
- NON-SCRIPTED: treats guests like individuals, avoids corporate sentiments and brings their personality to each interaction
- ENGAGING: great storytellers with the ability to draw out lifestyle cues from guests and recommend local experiences that match their interests
- SENSE OF PRIDE: doesn’t perceive their role as forced servitude; they are driven by a personal connection/passion for what the hotel stands for and its reason for being
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Bellperson greets and assists guests, taking care of luggage, running errands and delivering items in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. The Bellperson also operates the hotel shuttle van to transport guests to and from nearby locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet and open doors for guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- By hand or use of baggage carts, transfer luggage and packages to and from rooms, vehicles and/or loading areas.
- Issue claim checks when requested to store guest luggage/items. Return guest luggage/items upon receipt of claim checks.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services and in-house events, etc. Provide guests information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Maintain and clean the designated lobby station and baggage room; standing ready to assist guests. Clean and maintain baggage carts.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Keep lobby doors and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- Post-daily events on board in the lobby, as needed.
- May clean, inspect and maintain hotel vehicles. May perform pick-ups and drop-offs at airport and/or local areas.
- Foster good relations with the car rental companies, taxi services, tour and travel companies, limo services, etc. to provide the maximum level of quality service.
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience
- High school education
- A driver’s license, clean driving record, and proven ability to safely drive
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of hotel and the city.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle in accordance with all Department of Transportation requirements.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in both an interior hotel and exterior environment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 100 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses. This position may be required to operate a motor vehicle.