posted April 30, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. Vespera on Ocean will open to the public in Spring, 2019. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
We are currently looking for a Host/Hostess to join our team at our property.
As a Host/Hostess, you’ll be responsible for providing a warm, friendly, and hospitable welcome to our guests and for escorting guests to tables.
Key responsibilities of a Host/Hostess include:
• Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner
• Escorting guests to tables and assisting in seating, ensuring hotel standards of service
• Handing off the guest to the server by name
• Anticipating the guest’s needs and personalizing service by using the Guest’s name when known
• Answering questions about menu items, atmosphere and dining experience
• Monitoring reservations, VIPs and Special Guests, communicating information to all parties involved with servicing the guest
• Ensuring that menus are accurate, clean and free of rips and/or stains
• Assisting guests with locating their server if needed
• Keeping entrance area neat and clean
• Maintaining a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times
• Taking reservations and maintaining reservation book
• Assisting in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times
• Assisting with preparing and delivering coffee and other food and beverages, as appropriate, to guests
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
• Ensuring that the music and lighting levels are appropriate for the meal period
• Thanking guests and inviting them to return again
The ideal Host/Hostess candidate will be detail oriented, have a passion for delivering excellent service, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.