Shuttle Driver for the Award Winning Hyatt House Downtown needed!
SUMMARY: Transport hotel guests to and from the downtown Austin area. Assist arriving and departing guests by: opening and closing doors for incoming and outgoing guests, loading and unloading guest luggage from courtesy van.
HOTEL VALUES: This description of responsibilities is simply intended to provide basic guidance to outline a minimum standard of performance.
The hotel believes in a culture where team members help each other, and work together in an environment where the most important task is providing exceptional service to guests, at all times.
As a result, this is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people in this job.
1. Drive hotel guests to and from downtown Austin attractions and other assigned trips, obeying all traffic rules and regulations constantly throughout shift to ensure a safe, accident-free trip. (60%)
2. Assist guest with storing and retrieving their luggage from the van. (10%)
3. Open vehicles and hotel doors to assist guests. (5%)
4. Respond to guest questions, issues and problems regarding transportation, hotel services and local events, points of interest and activities. (10%)
5. Maintain the hotel van: gas, oil, cleanliness; filling in daily van reports and reporting any malfunctions on a daily basis. (10%)
6. Assist bell staff and doorperson when needed. (5%)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of hotel services and the local area events and activities.
Ability to drive all speed shifts of vehicles, van, limousines, and automobiles.
Excellent driving record as verified by Motor Vehicle Report. Chauffeur's License.
Ability to converse with guests and fellow employees.
Compensation: 11.00/hr. plus tips
Step off the bustling Austin streets and return to Hyatt House Austin / Downtown, your home-away-from-home in the Red River Cultural District. Enjoy our residential-style rooms, outdoor pool, and free daily breakfast, with a setting that welcomes families, business travelers, and leisure seekers alike.