posted May 6, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. Vespera on Ocean will open to the public in Spring, 2019. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
The Vespera on Ocean by Marriott is looking for an energetic Banquet Manager, who will be responsible for managing the banquet service operations to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service and compliance with policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
Key responsibilities of the Banquet Manager position include:
• Supervising the daily operations of the banquets team to ensure compliance with the banquet event orders, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality
• Working closely with the culinary, catering and event service management teams to ensure flow of service
• Maintaining service standards while overseeing captains, service staff, and the housemen
• Hiring and training banquet staff to serve at various scheduled events
• Overseeing compliance with health and safety standards
• Resolving any guest problems and/or concerns
• Supervising the set up of function rooms to include placement of linens, silver, china, and glassware according to event order specifications
• Inspecting function rooms and equipment prior to the functions for cleanliness, proper inventory and set up
• Monitoring and controlling the maintenance/sanitation of the banquet areas and equipment
• Communicating effectively, giving direction, support, timely feedback and recognition of performance
• Assigning and coordinating all schedules for the banquet team
• Monitoring and reviewing labor reports
The ideal Banquet Manager will have a minimum of four years of banquet/conference set up as well as banquet bar experience. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to handle alcoholic beverages
• Minimum of 4 years banquet manager experience in a high volume property
• Proven success in a high quality operation
• Experience with both banquet front of the house as well as banquet back of the house activities
• Ability to effectively direct and motivate staff to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Banquet department.
• Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware
• Ability to take initiative and ownership to resolve problems
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Ability to stand, walk and move around during entire shift
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have the ability to work with guests and respond immediately and accurately to their needs and requirements
• Ability to multi-task and oversee multiple functions at once
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Micros and Microsoft Office essential
• Multiple language abilities preferred. Fluency in English required and Spanish desired
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality's unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you're looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.