posted May 7, 2019InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza
The Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
A truly outstanding opportunity at the 4-diamond InterContinental Hotel in the Plaza for a enthusiastic, energy-filled leader who is passionate about food, beverage and working for the best hotel in Kansas City!
This job will appeal to someone who enjoys closing on high-end social catering events and leading a dynamic team of professionals in a four star, positive environment.
Our philosophy is simple: Take extra special care of our clients, develop the best possible relationships with our community and lead the hotel's revenue stream with creativity and design-not to mention having a blast doing it!
Scope of this Position
- Position is responsible for long- and short-term forecasting and the day-to-day sales operations of the Catering department. Targets areas to increase revenue and meet sales quota. Works with other members of management to ensure quality, cost satisfaction and profitability.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the catering budget, sales and marketing strategy/plan, goals and forecasts to maximize the hotel's public meeting space and meet/exceed management expectations.
- Develop and implement special packages and create new menus within corporate guidelines while keeping abreast of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business while adhering to prime time selling standards through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Manage the day-to-day sales activities and human resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate catering sales managers and associates; train, develop, empower, coach, counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, and discipline as appropriate.
- Coordinate and assist in planning catering service/banquet operations through the Banquet Manager and implement company programs (Corporate/Franchiser) in the Catering Department to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
- Lead, supervise and develop staff of up to 4 managers.
- Review and direct the work of outside contractors maximizing revenues while ensuring set-up, pricing and following through meets hotel and corporate quality standards and customer satisfaction is achieved. - Requires a minimum of 3-5 year(s) of experience.
- This position reports to: Area Director of Sales and Marketing
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.
- BONUS plan!!
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and week-ends.
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas.
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Experience evaluating each piece of catering business to ensure business can be properly serviced.
- Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
- Understand what role market fluctuations have on up-selling opportunities.
- Re-book business before they leave.
- Experience providing A /V equipment and operating A/V as a profit center.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Maintain close client relationships with in-house groups.
- Monitor sales performance of Catering Sales Managers.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing training program for Catering and Banquet staffs.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups.
- Work closely with Executive Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Experience communicating, training, and managing multi-lingual staffs.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Forecasting skills, solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza (proud recipient of the 2017 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence) is an iconic 371-room hotel located on the corner of one of Kansas City’s most stylish and historic shopping (boutique and otherwise), dining and entertainment districts, the Country Club Plaza. The Plaza is fifteen blocks of Seville-inspired architecture and site of quiet courtyards, stunning sculptures and remarkable annual festivals.
Since its opening as the independent Alameda Plaza Hotel in 1972, the award-winning InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza has established itself as a modern landmark in what is known as the City of Fountains. And enjoyed the company of tens of thousands of happy guests.
InterContinental Kansas City is widely recognized and acknowledged for its distinctive excellence, old world charm and well-appointed, beautiful design. It is the ideal lodging destination for a romantic getaway, weekend escape, family vacation spot, dream wedding, productive business meeting or individual business travel.