Heritage Hotels & Resorts is Seeking Qualified Candidates for a General Manager - at Palacio de Marquesa. Help us preserve and advance New Mexico’s cultural heritage while growing your career in hospitality! Thanks for applying with us.
What We Offer: Competitive Wages and Career Advancement, Benefits for F/T & P/T Employees, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, Life Insurance, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts, Hotel Room Discounts for Employees and their Friends and Families, Cell Plan Discounts, Employee Referral Bonus Program
At Heritage Hotels & Resorts, we strive to create an environment where the skills and creativity of our employees can flourish and will be recognized and rewarded. We understand that honesty, openness, recognition, and trust must exist to assure our success as a company and as individuals. More importantly, employees at Heritage Hotels & Resorts know that their work in preserving and advancing the state’s cultural heritage will benefit mankind now and in the future. Palacio de Marquesa is seeking a General Manager to oversee all aspects of operations, including strategic revenue management, financial management, and operating efficiencies.
About Palacio de Marquesa ...
Palacio de Marquesa is a luxury Taos inn offering visitors a beautiful retreat in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The eclectic town beckons to artists, innovators and those seeking an escape to find themselves. The natural and cultural beauty of Taos began drawing artists in the early 1900's. A number of very notable women artists settled in Taos. The fabric of the stories of the Taos community was woven by notable women including Millicent Rogers, Mabel Dodge Luhan, Agnes Martin, Georgia O’Keeffe and others who were attracted to the area. The design concept of Palacio de Marquesa pays tribute to the remarkable stories of the women of Taos. The spirit, drive, innovation and contributions of several extraordinary women are represented in our Taos inn’s timeless design and refined sophistication.
Performance Expectations: All employees are expected to conform to the following as they perform their respective tasks and duties:
➢ Adhere to all professional behavior and ethical standards;
➢ Interact in an honest, trustworthy, and respectful manner with guests, employees, contractors, and vendors;
➢ Comply with all policies and procedures, and;
➢ Uphold all principles of confidentiality.
Position Purpose: The General Manager is the ambassador for the Heritage brand and the property, providing leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of our service culture, maximizing operational efficiency and guest satisfaction. The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the property team in order to deliver an exceptional guest experience and ensure all metrics are met. The primary function of this position is to increase revenue and run a smooth and profitable operation, serve as the main point of contact for guests and employees and to ensure the utmost service and hospitality standards are maintained.
➢ Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
➢ 5+ years’ experience as a General Manager or operational manager within the hospitality industry
➢ Luxury hotel or bed & breakfast work experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
➢ Proven experience in leading hotel operations, demonstrating strong sales and marketing leadership and strong financial awareness
➢ Excellent communication skills
➢ Experience working in an environment with access to highly confidential information
➢ Ability to multitask in a high paced environment while maintaining organization and poise
➢ Administration and Management: Knowledge of financials, leadership, process improvement, and strategic planning.
➢ People Passion: Actively helps people, thrives working in a team, achieves results with strong work ethic.
➢ Visionary Leadership: Actively listens, identifies plan of action; communicates ideas clearly and inspires action.
➢ Personalized Service: Resolves issues with service-focus; multi-tasks with ease; strong interpersonal skills including keeping emotions under control; open to others’ ideas.
➢ Communication Skills: Well-spoken, personable, listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; strong overall communication and presentation skills; ability to tell the Heritage Hotels and Resorts story.
➢ Office Sensibility: Ability to manage records, accomplish tasks as directed.
➢ Technology: Tech savvy with computers and software.
➢ Image: Ability to maintain professional image standards.
Essential Duties and Functions/Responsibilities/Tasks:
1. Manage all sources of revenue including guest rooms, food and beverage, meeting spaces, parking, and other departments.
2. Ensures all departments are profitable and efficient and maintain strong working relationships with department heads.
3. Maintain inventory control and order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
4. Supervise and develop a high-performing team across all areas of hotel operations to ensure the highest levels of guest experience and team engagement while sustaining the team to contribute to turnover reduction.
5. Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures. Follow up consistently with staff and operation to ensure proper training is always in place.
6. Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
7. Promote continuous repair, upkeep, and overall general maintenance of the hotel and provide a system of on-going maintenance of facilities and equipment.
8. Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
9. Ensure hotel is following all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
10. Respond to guest complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner to maintain Guest Satisfaction.
11. Monitor and maintain hotel metrics to ensure all brand standards and ownership standards are being met and exceeded.
12. Monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing plan that results in optimum, rate and occupancy. Meet or exceed established financial expectations.
13. Enhance and protect the value of the physical asset through proactive and progressive programs in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
14. Forecast operating staffing and cost expenditures to corresponding forecasted sales and costs. Continually evolve action plans to maximize occupancy and rate, while maintaining expected market-leading service levels.
15. Be a great ambassador for the organization within the local community and the industry, ability to attend all external company meetings including but not limited to Leadership meetings.
16. Ensure adherence to policies and procedures related to guest/team safety, emergency guidelines, etc.
17. Supervise responsibly in accordance with policies and applicable laws. To include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and coaching team members; seeking and giving feedback regularly, etc.
18. Be flexible and understanding of a hotel's needs and be available to take care of concerns at any time.
19. Follow other duties as assigned by Corporate Leadership and ownership.
Indoor office setting with comfortable ventilation; high visibility with continuous employee contact.
➢ Frequently maintains stationary position sitting; occasionally stands in work areas.
➢ Constantly converses and exchanges information with employees.
➢ Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Palacio de Marquesa is a Taos inn offering visitors a beautiful retreat in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The eclectic town beckons to artists, innovators and those seeking an escape to find themselves.
Taos is surrounded by magnificent natural features including Taos Mountain and the Rio Grande Gorge, adding to our reputation as a haven for vacationers seeking outdoor recreation, unique hotels in Taos and more.
The rich and diverse history of Taos is largely defined by the Native American and Spanish cultures. The Native American community at Taos Pueblo has lived in their village for nearly a millennium. The Pueblo is the oldest continuously-inhabited community in the United States.
The luxury Palacio de Marquesa is optimal for hosting Taos events including small conferences, retreats, family reunions, showers and weddings. Our lodging in Taos, NM, features eight luxury guest rooms, each inspired by a remarkable woman artist and each featuring custom decor and superior amenities. Palacio de Marquesa is the jewel of Taos.
Our attention to detail and comforts of home, including heated saltillo tile flooring, working fireplaces, skylights and gourmet breakfasts, coupled with perfect hospitality, make Palacio the perfect oasis for couples, executives and other VIPs.