1. Provide preventive maintenance and repairs to resort as needed
2. Maintain tools and reports in state of readiness.
3. Obtain job assignments and plan for repairs.
4. Organize actions on job site if within your skill limitation. (advise if not)
5. Keep record of all time and parts used on Maintenance Request Ticket.
6. Use energy conservation on all job sites.
7. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel workload, rush jobs or technological developments).
1. Assist the Assistant Director of Maintenance as required.
2. Complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
high school diploma or equivalent
Must have 5 years Commercial painter experience, construction, repairs, remodeling, troubleshooting, journeyman and EMT experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to read, write and converse in the English language.
Must have a valid Florida Driver's License.
Must have own maintenance tools. Must NOT be colorblind.
Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Must be able and willing to move materials.
Must be courteous and perform according to the LXR hotels of Sanibel & Captiva’s professional standards at all times
Hours Required:(40) Forty hours per week; Scheduled times may vary based on Resort operations. Must be able and willing to work seven (7) days a week and work overtime, when needed
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
For decades, generations of guests have made South Seas Island Resort on Captiva Island the vacation destination of choice in which to share treasured moments and make lasting memories. Our iconic 330-acre wildlife preserve spans two and a half miles of pristine white-sand beaches framing the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico. As a quiet retreat, the resort is a destination rich in recreation and wondrous natural beauty. Visitors will feel at home in a variety of accommodations, ranging from comfortable hotel rooms, charming condominiums and cottages, to private homes and villas. A Top 10 Beach Resort for Families by Parents Magazine, this inviting oasis allows the discovery of native Florida and its extraordinary splendor.