posted July 15, 2019Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates
Operations leader in training! Great Opportunity for Career Growth in Hospitality!Front Desk Supervisor / Lead
This is a great Guest Service Leadership Opportunity for someone looking to move up in the hospitality industry, as well as gain experience in a hotel opening. The Front Desk Lead / Supervisor ensures that hotel guests receive hospitable and responsive service at check-in, during the stay, and upon departure, ensuring guest satisfaction and loyalty. The Lead or Supervisor schedules, trains and coaches Front Desk Team members in handling financial transactions accurately and in maintenance of required systems and records.
Core responsibilities include:
· Accurate and hospitable handling of guest reservation, check-in, check-out, payment, including credit card and cash handling procedures
· Proficient administration of the hotel's electronic reservation system
· Prompt, friendly response to guest requests or concerns with follow-up to ensure satisfaction
· Compliance with hotel safety programs and procedures, including emergency and security systems
· Ensures that all required documentation (daily reports, checklists, etc.) are completed in a timely manner
· Ensures that new team members receive training in appropriate brand standards and in hotel procedures
· Experience in accurate cash handling and credit cards
· Experience in maintaining security of confidential information, including guest registration and credit card information
· Ability to pass certification tests required to meet brand standards
· Experience working with a computer, including data entry
· Ability to work well with others
· Customer Focus, including experience in anticipating guest needs and responding pleasantly and professionally in a variety of settings and situations
· Listening skills to ensure accurate understanding of guest wishes
· Composure to work effectively under pressure and to address and resolve guest problems or concerns
· Approachability to encourage effective communication with guests and fellow team members
· Prior experience in Hotel front desk positions required, supervisory experience preferred.
Located just 30 miles west of Chicago, our hotel in Hoffman Estates offers everything you need to escape the hustle and bustle of the busy city, yet all of the conveniences you need to feel right at home. Wake up to Starbucks® coffee and unwind at the Coffee to Cocktails bar. Easily explore the area with our complimentary shuttle service, taking you to area restaurants, shopping, businesses and attractions located within a 5-mile radius. You’ve come too far to settle now…welcome home.