What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
Primarily Responsible for Operating and maintain cleaning equipment and tools.
Also responsible for washing dishes, china ware, flatware, cutlery, crockery, kitchen vessels, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning and detailing equipment's etc.
Maintains the kitchen, dish washing and back area in an inspection-ready condition in accordance with local authority and hotel guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel.
- Ensure restaurant and banquet kitchens have requested the above properly to open their shifts and that there is sufficient Queen Mary’s and racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and orderliness in all kitchens, back dock, dumpster and utility work areas.
- Heavy duty cleaning of ovens, grills, sinks, walls, floors, walk-in refrigerators and freezers and other heavy kitchen equipment.
- Wash pots, pans, and kitchen utensils following proper procedure for their cleanliness and sanitation, and Vacuum carpeted areas through the food and beverage outlets.
- Sweep, mop and wash floors in all food and beverage areas, kitchen, and restaurant and dock area.
- Keep management informed of shortage of equipment and supplies.
- Operate the dishwashing equipment to ensure that all china, glass, and silver are cleaned thoroughly and sanitation of such is maintained.
- Return all clean china, glass, and silver to its proper storage location using care to minimize breakage.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling techniques for all chemicals used.
- Report any faulty equipment to management immediately.
- Empty garbage from the Food and Beverage areas into the hotel dumpster.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Follow the proper procedures in the breakdown, cleaning and reassembling of all kitchen equipment, as needed.
- Follow all sanitation standards.
- Assist in the set up and breakdown of the restaurant buffet as required.
- Assist Banquets by supplying china, glass, and silver as required by business demand
Operate pot-washing machine and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Maintain a proactive approach to the health, safety and security of all staff at all times.
- Be vigilant for any hazards, alerting a manager as necessary.
- Ensure maintain vigilance, to the public areas and exit routes are clear of any obstruction.
Follow appropriate PPE instructions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bi-lingual preferred. Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred. High school or equivalent education preferred. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four hours in length.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift up to 50 pounds including, but not limited to, pots and pans and trays of food or food items, on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
NO CALL'S OR WALK IN'S PLEASE!!!!