The General Manager recommends, and implements policies and procedures to ensure the services required to maintain the common elements of the Association are provided in a first class manner and in accordance with community rules and regulations. This is a hands-on leadership position responsible for overseeing the operational, administrative, financial, human resources, maintenance and security functions of the community. The position requires the General Manager be on call 24-hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency consultation in the event of incidents requiring management intervention. All services of the General Manager are under the direct supervision of Management / (C.A.M.) under general supervision and in association with the Board of Directors, plans, directs, and are performed as stated, in the Management agreement between the governing Board of Directors and Management.
The General Manager provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Management. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Management.
Supervises hiring and management of direct employees and supervises selection and management of outside vendor staffing to assure personnel capable of meeting the community’s goals and high standards in a hospitable, sensitive and courteous manner.
· Schedules and/or reviews staff assignments to assure adequate coverage while being conscious of working within the assigned budget.
· Works under direction of Management in meeting guidelines of the Board of Directors.
· Plans, directs and oversees implementation of comprehensive systems for protection of the community assets and records of the Association in a professional manner.
· Inspects community and facilities in order to determine maintenance and security needs.
· Documents, interviews and assists residents regarding complaints about direct employees and vendor staff conduct.
· Directs inspection of premises to detect hazards and to ensure that safety rules are posted and enforced.
· Promptly investigates and makes a full written report of all accidents or claims for property damage and personal injury relating to the ownership and maintenance of the common elements and operation of the Association, including damage or destruction to common elements.
· Assists in preparation of reports and insurance claims for damages to Association property, including estimated cost of repair, and causes repairs to be made in accordance with the Board of Directors’ approval.
· Assists in preparation and posting of the agenda for meetings of the Association and committee meetings and supervises file and record management.
· Attends meetings of the Board of Directors and Annual or Special Meetings.
· Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports and reviews same for accuracy and variance trends.
· Provides a monthly management report to the Board of Directors with recommendations, as appropriate, to enhance community appearance, values and promote harmony among residents.
· Provides a one page, weekly report to the Board of Directors briefly summarizing the past weeks major events.
· Provides a prioritized Action List to focus on all projects/duties within the community and the assigned task holder.
· Maintains a professional relationship with the Board of Directors and homeowners, whose requests for services shall be received and recorded so that requests can be acted upon expeditiously. Any serious complaint shall be fully and promptly investigated and reported to the Board of Directors.
· Assists in establishing operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention, firefighting, traffic control and parking control.
· Assists in preparation of the Annual Budget and coordination of Board Meetings.
· Must be capable of taking board meeting minutes if necessary.
· Responsible for maintaining organization and secure keeping of blue prints, maps, plats, etc.
· Prepares recommendations for collection action on delinquent accounts and acts as liaison with legal department and Association counsel and Board.
· Must be able to perform violation inspections when task not assigned to an Assistant Property Manager.
· Assists in monitoring compliance with Rules and Regulations and shall implement procedures for handling violations. Drafts and signs correspondence and required notices in connection with homeowners who are in violation of the Declaration and Rules and Regulations. Maintains accurate records to follow up on rule violations. Acts as liaison with counsel if legal action is required.
· Solicits bids for maintenance, construction and other community projects, and participates in selection of contractors and vendors for furnishing of landscape maintenance, janitorial and maintenance services, water, electricity, gas, telephone, pool maintenance, exterminator service, repairs or reconstruction of structural improvements, preventive maintenance, and such other services deemed to be in the best interests of the Association and necessary in order to administer the Association in a first-class manner in accordance with the Declaration.
· Subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, supervises and monitors contractors rendering services to the Association.
· Inspects the repair and maintenance of equipment and building components and reviews invoices to confirm work completion and contract compliance.
· Reviews and approves payroll for all direct employees and reviews and codes vendor invoices before payment.
· Tracks all architectural change requests by homeowners and inspects for compliance upon completion.
· Communicates to the Board of Directors and homeowners, events that will affect their use and enjoyment of the Association’s facilities.
· Communicates to the community ideas to help it prepare and cope with weather related events.
· Assists with hurricane preparation and implementation of preparedness protocol as designed and approved.
· Maintain Association’s website.
· Ensures all safety precautions and procedures are followed while performing duties.
· Ensures that team members follow all safety precautions and procedures while performing duties.
· Any other responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor.
· Performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Management.
Prior Luxury Condominium Experience required. Active Florida CAM License; licensed under the provisions of Florida Statute 468.
4 year degree in Hospitality Management or related field. or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Luxury Condominium Management experience required. Two (2) to three (3) years, of Luxury property management experience, or more depending on the community, are required. Outstanding customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Set along countless miles of soft white sand at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean on a barrier island, Sunny Isles is the jewel of South Florida’s internationally renowned coastline. Just a few minutes from the tony shopping destinations in Bal Harbour and a short distance from the excitement of South Beach and Downtown Miami, it is also a world apart defined by relaxed sophistication.
Nearby, The Shops at Bal Harbour offers a truly luxurious collection of the world’s finest fashion, fine jewelry, and designer home boutiques along with cafés and formal and casual restaurants. Other top dining destinations just minutes away offer fine Italian, Asian, and American cuisine. Residents who wish take full advantage of the tropical seaside lifestyle will discover ample opportunities for snorkeling, swimming, windsurfing, and sailing.
Pre-Opening Human Resources telephone: 305-692-5702, Patty Sabates