posted September 17, 2019Residence Inn Los Angeles Redondo Beach
We are currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor to support the Executive Housekeeper in the daily operation and leadership of our Housekeeping Team at the Residence Inn by Marriott, Redondo Beach.
As a Housekeeping Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
• Checking rooms (check-out and occupied) daily to ensure that the quality standards are being maintained by the Room and House Attendants
• Ensuring that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenue
• Reporting all maintenance issues to Ground Control in a timely manner
• Assisting with/expediting special guest requests such as requests for extra towels, blankets and/or pillows
• Working with team members to develop their skills
• Assisting team members in securing all supplies and tools necessary for the completion of their jobs as the need arises
• Assisting team where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests
The ideal Housekeeping Supervisor will possess strong communication skills, a clear understanding of guest service in a hotel environment and demonstrate the ability to supervise others.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum six months housekeeping supervisory experience in a hotel property of similar size and quality; experience in a 4 Star or 4 Diamond property preferred
• Knowledge of Hotel policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and Hotel property
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the Hotel
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful and flexible
• Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete forms such as a room status report and/or room inspection form
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to team members
• Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Set a pace that suits you at Residence Inn by Marriott®. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters. You'll thrive at Residence Inn with the conveniences you need. This modern all-suite hotel will feature 172 spacious studio, one and two bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas highlighting upscale design of the modern home along with fully equipped kitchens ready for your favorite cuisines. Take advantage of free grocery shopping services to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Free Internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast daily to start mornings off right and Chef created food selctions to enjoy during our evening "In The Mix" events on select nights to end the day fulfilled. Relax and unwind when you want and stay focused and productive when it's essential. This hotel features spacious meeting rooms and on-site catering services as well.