posted May 30, 20191 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The culinary coordinator takes on the administrative responsibilities of the kitchen in a large restaurant, hotel, corporate venue, etc. The culinary coordinator oversees BOH payroll, ordering, maintaining records of purchase and sales, administration duties and assisting in event planning.
• Email/Verbal Communications with other departments
• Perform the daily reconciliation of payroll edits
• Responsible for formatting weekly schedules
• Performs edits to menus per seasonal changes, including grab and go lables
• Responsible for the up keeping of outlets menus
• Performs weekly reconciliation of F&B management schedules
• Performs uploads to POS system per requirements
• Provide administrative assistance to the executive chef or culinary director
• Assists in organizing divisional departmental meetings and training activities
• Assists in the management of special projects and event conception
• Assist outlet chefs with administration duties
• Responsible for the culinary uniform inventory / par
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent communication Skills
• Problem solving Skills
• Possess leadership skills
• Passion for a High level of Customer Service
• Customer Service driven
• High knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• Experience in a fast-paced hotel or restaurant, preferably in an F&B Administrative role
• Experience in supervising /working with a large group of staff (20-25 Staff)
• High knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook
• Knowledge of POS systems
• Knowledge of a basic culinary operation
• Possess a strong ability to stay focused and organized in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail in written and verbal correspondence
• Performs daily administrative duties relating to payroll, ordering and requisitions
• Data entry duties for financial reporting or menu printing
• Assist in monthly inventory counts
• Communicate with the management team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to work long hours and expected to work overtime in busy periods and holidays
• Be on feet for extended periods of time
• Able to Lift 25lbs and bend and push repeatedly
• Hospitality training an asset
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
* Enliven the 1 Hotels sustainability culture such as eliminating waste in printing by using e-communication and ensuring the procurement of environmentally friendly office supplies."
Your South Beach hotel retreat is inspired by 600-feet of beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.
Thoughtful touches bring nature into your expansive room with reclaimed woods, ocean views, custom hemp-blend mattress by Keetsa and 100% organic cotton sheets.
Swim, sun and recharge on 600 feet of white sand beach at the Beach Club. Relax on a waterside daybed with full-service cabanas at one of two ocean-side swimming pools, or the adult-only 1 Rooftop pool.
1 Hotels offer everything you need for your business functions, wedding or celebrations, including unique meeting spaces, state-of-the-art technology, turnkey event planning, menus by an experienced Culinary team and private events available in Beachcraft with menus by chef Tom Colicchio.