The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown is looking for an experienced professional in Housekeeping eager to grow in their career!
The Hyatt Place Austin Downtown is looking for a Housekeeping Inspector to join their team!
Responsible for assisting in the supervision and control of the Guest Room Attendants. Responsible for the cleanliness, arrangement and supply of all guest rooms in an assigned section.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
• Supervise up to 15 Guest Room Attendants.
• Deal promptly and effectively with guest complaints and requests.
• Enforce self-inspection system.
• Inspect guest rooms and public areas on a daily basis to ensure standards of cleanliness and that guest rooms are ready for guest check-in.
• Conduct ongoing training of all housekeeping employees to increase job knowledge and skill level.
• Promote teamwork and employee morale.
• Assist in running pre-shift meeting, distribute keys and assignments to the staff, and ensure proper grooming standards are met.
• Communicate all policies and procedures for housekeeping and special cleaning projects.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms, laundry area, lost and found, storage rooms, employee break room, and Guest Room Attendant’s carts.
• Ensure ready status of all rooms daily. Maintain key control.
• Ensure guest satisfaction through room cleanliness and attention to guest needs.
• Clean the assigned number of rooms per day following the Housekeeping Guidelines within an eight hour work day (within the assigned minutes per room) while maintaining established standards.
• Inspect and prepare rooms for guest arrival.
• Use hotel’s tracking system for communicating room statuses.
• Check fixtures, television, radio, and heating/cooling equipment for proper operation.
• Set heating/cooling equipment and radio on proper settings.
• Inspect room for maintenance needs and report on maintenance service requests.
• Assist in performing daily general clean duties and changing of bedspreads, blankets, mattress pads and shower curtains as assigned.
• Log rooms cleaned on daily housekeeping report.
• Fold terry and linen while waiting for rooms.
• Clean, organize, and restock cart at the end of the day (terry, cups, toilet paper, rags, and fill spray bottles). Deliver supply basket to laundry for restocking.
• Maintain cart, linen room, and vacuum cleaner cleanliness.
• Turn in key and room status report to Guest Room Supervisor or front desk.
• Know how to operate laundry equipment and maintain public area cleanliness.
• Properly handle all lost and found items.
• Train associates using the 4 Step Training Method.
• Monitor and coach associates on the 10 Step Departure Cleaning Process.
• Monitor and coach associates on the 8 Step Right Touch Stayover Cleaning Process.
• Must wear proper uniform at all times in accordance with the Standards of Appearance.
• Have a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Practice safety standards at all times.
• Employee must adhere to all work rules, procedures, and policies established by the company including, but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.
• Employee must perform other duties as assigned.
• Job Knowledge
• Quality of Work
• Quantity of Work
• Organization Skills
• Guest Focus/Customer Service
• Judgment/Problem Solving
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
Preferably 1 year as a Room Attendant/Housekeeper
• Be able to move luggage, packages, or furniture weighing up to 40lbs.
• Follow proper moving and lifting procedures identified in Departmental Orientation Handbook.
• Regularly required to stand; sit; walk; reach; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk and hear
Located right near all the action in downtown Austin, the Hyatt Place Austin Downtown hotel is one block from the Austin Convention Center, three blocks from the 6th Street entertainment district and one mile from UT Austin campus. Outdoor enthusiast? We’re just a 5-min. walk to the beautiful Lady Bird Lake which has awesome running/walking/biking paths.
Our 17-story building offers amenities typically expected only in full-service hotels such as free unlimited high-speed WiFi, Corner King rooms with expansive city views, valet-parking (*applicable fees) , 24/7 dining menu and our always buzzing Coffee to Cocktails bar.
Our downtown Austin hotel is top-rated on TripAdvisor being one of the Top 10 hotels in all of Austin and a 2018 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner. Guests rave about all the free perks already included in the rate such as complimentary WiFi, daily free breakfast, access to the 24/7 fitness center and our family-friendly indoor pool.