posted May 31, 2019Vespera on Ocean- Autograph Collection Hotel
Vespera on Ocean is a brand-new hotel within Marriott's Autograph Collection, located steps from the ocean and central boardwalk in scenic Pismo Beach, California. Vespera on Ocean will open to the public in Summer, 2019. At the heart of the Vespera on Ocean will be a full-service, three-meal, 200+ seat upscale restaurant, with a bar/lounge, patio with unobstructed ocean views, poolside dining, interior banquet space, and an event lawn for private functions. At the center of the restaurant is a custom-designed open kitchen.
The Opportunity We are currently looking for a Sous Chef to join our team at the Vespera On Ocean. The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef by overseeing the day-to-day culinary operations, including training, supervising staff and monitoring food quality.
Key responsibilities of a Sous Chef include:
• Ensuring employees follow safety, sanitation and security procedures
• Creating a positive environment in which all employees have the ability to maximize their potential
• Being an inspirational leader and developer of talent and have the ability to maintain associate satisfaction
• Overseeing day-to-day operations of restaurant culinary areas
• Effectively partnering with the restaurant staff and front of house managers
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with associates, customers and vendors
• Responsible for all food preparation, productivity and control for restaurant
• Training, supervising and working with all cooks and kitchen staff in order to prepare, cook and present food according to standard hotel/restaurant recipes
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Restaurant/Kitchen leader in a high volume restaurant operation.
• Extensive Culinary skills
• Experience must include food cost management, banquet production with an emphasis on presentation
• Fully knowledgeable and experienced with forecasting, budgeting, labor management, and purchasing
• Proven success in a high-quality operation
• Must be creative, knowledgeable of current culinary trends, and a professional that realizes that they are a strategic partner in the success of this hotel
• Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation
• Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
• High school education required
• Minimum of two to four years of culinary schooling
• CPR and/or First Aid training preferred
• Ability to obtain any governmental required licenses or certificates. For example, Serve Safe certification or any other Food Handler’s permit required in state where employed
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule including evenings, nights, and weekends
• Must possess strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing
• Multiple language abilities preferred, fluency in English required and Spanish desired
Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Embodying an upscale beach house-inspired design, Vespera on Ocean offers a fun, active, and stylish escape for guests to relax, unwind, and enjoy the best of Pismo Beach. The perfect hub for adventure and excitement we offer a unique blend of East Coast charm with West Coast sensibilities. Designed for the active traveler we provide guests an array of on-site luxuries and activities, including a one-of-a-kind outdoor space featuring a sparkling pool and spa, bar, and event lawn with fire pits. Rooms include elegant interiors, oversized bathrooms, large windows and private balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Whether you are simply traveling through or staying with us, Vespera on Ocean invites you to experience a taste of beach living.