The House Person is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all corridors, vending areas, elevators and landings, and service areas on guest room floors, to the hotel's standards of cleanliness; providing linen & glass supplies for Room Attendants and stock floor closets; delivering and retrieving items requested by guests and Floor Supervisor; Completing other cleaning projects as assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
The ideal candidate for this position
- Must have strong hospitality skills and communication skills to be able to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner in order to provide a high degree of service
- Able to use communication devises
- Able to do special projects along with regular houseperson duties
- Able to do heavy lifting, pushing/pulling, walking and climbing stairs for extensive periods of time.
- Able to work full time/flexible shifts to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to travel outside of NYC. Preferably from East of Queens and Long Island.
- Experience is necessary.
- Flexibility with scheduling is required as there are overnight shifts.