Passionate about Managing Restaurants like you are about fishing and the great outdoors? This is a Mountain destination career opportunity located on the sandy shores of Payette Lake in beautiful McCall Idaho!
It appears your expertise in Culinary/Food and Beverage has brought you to our open position. First, let me tell you a little bit about who we are... The Shore Lodge is a 4 diamond, luxury property situated on the sandy shores of scenic Payette Lake in the Central Idaho town of McCall, approximately 100 miles north of Boise Idaho. This idyllic mountain resort offers guests a host of amenities, activities designed for fun, relaxation and warm hospitality all in a setting of spectacular natural beauty. Guests of the Shore Lodge may enjoy all the amenities of the resort and may golf at Whitetail, a private award winning golf course just minutes away. Whitetail Club also offers an array of social and recreational amenities including; award winning golf, mountain biking, hiking, snow skiing and so much more to our club members. Shore Lodge also offers services from our Spa, The Cove, the only Forbes 4 Star Spa in Idaho! All that inspires you to work and play in the mountains is here at Whitetail Club, Shore Lodge and The Cove. Check us out and our version of chopped...
ASSISTANT RESTAURANT MANAGER:
Our Assistant Restaurant Managers are passionate about food and exceeding customer expectations, they look forward to providing memorable experiences for our guests. They are problem solvers with strong work ethics and leadership abilities and they understand that customer satisfaction always takes priority but efficient restaurant operations make it possible. They are experienced leaders who help us fulfill our long-term goals for continued success. As a member of the Food and Beverage team, this position is responsible for creating an atmosphere that will inspire guests and associates to return. Proper implementation, promotion and success of our operations and continual evaluation of the products, services and training provided is paramount.
• Identify and delegate responsibilities to shift leaders and staff to ensure objectives are met and excellent service is consistently achieved
• Effectively manage the restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant Manager
• Manage operations with passion, integrity, and knowledge while promoting the culture and values of Shore Lodge, Whitetail, The Cove
• Implement new company policies and procedures by developing plans and instructing staff
• Provide direction to shift leaders, and staff to achieve restaurant goals
• Consistently review operations and staff to identify any problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Provide coaching and feedback to managers and staff and assess performance on and ongoing basis
• Create a positive guest experience by delivering a high level of service and ensuring all staff engage guests to understand their needs and exceed expectations
• Manage the restaurant to meet or exceed standards in food quality, safety, and cleanliness
• Consistently monitor product and labor costs to remain within goals
• Solicit guest feedback to understand the needs and wants of customers
• Train and coach staff on guest services principles and practices
• Follow the Shore Lodge Restaurant policies and procedures, including those for cash handing and safety/security
• Monitor and maintain the POS System
• Assist in new menu implementation
• Develop and implement creative solutions to areas of improvement
• Assist in conducting staff and daily pre-shift meetings
• Assist in any areas of the restaurant when staffing constraints require
• Support of team members through the ability to recognize and act on strengths and weaknesses, implement strategies with manager to train for areas of improvement and recognize and reward success
• 5 year’s previous experience in the Food and Beverage Industry
• Able to use POS System
• Able to lift minimum of 30 lbs.
• Able to work in a high-temperature kitchen for an extended period of time
• Completed training in all areas of restaurant
• Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• The ability to functionally multitask with speed and grace
• Time spent in both front of the house and back of the house positions, as well as bartending
• Basic Computer skills in Excel and Word, keyboarding
Occasionally you need a place free from the daily grind and filled with new frontiers…literally.
Outside our lodge you will find an unrivaled mountain lake sanctuary. Inside you’ll discover luxuriously appointed guest quarters with all the accoutrements expected from a Four Diamond Resort.
The McCall outdoors presents endless opportunities for vigorous adventure and sport. It is a constant fascination that lures us daily. Occasionally though we need a respite from the pursuit. An opportunity to reflect on our past excursions and take stock of our efforts. For this we have discovered another form of adventure. One for our spirit as much as our physical-self.
We don’t know about you, but it seems like our best thinking has always been done in tranquil places. A location that inspires and resets your perspective about the issues. Our meeting spaces do just that. With thirteen venues totaling just over 19,000 square feet, we have the perfect space for your meeting or event. Our state-of-the-art technology provides the finishing touches to ensure a world-class event. We’ve been told that our approach is somewhat unconventional, but the results are spectacular.
We’ll take that as a compliment.
We’d like to think that some of the world’s most romantic weddings take place right here. Our combination of rustic elegance and natural beauty provides a backdrop for weddings like no other. No matter the season, weddings are always magical here.
Whitetail Club embraces everything you have come to expect in fine mountain living. Beautifully crafted homes on generous lots complement the profound beauty of the land – 1,300 acres of old-growth Ponderosa pine forests, streams and trout ponds. Living at Whitetail comes with generous amenities including membership to our championship golf course, athletic complex with indoor tennis court, private Fish & Swim Club, ten miles of paved walking paths and the only McCall community with Payette Lake access. Learn more about Whitetail Club.
Learn more about what is happening at the Shore Lodge!