Teaneck Marriott is looking for a courteous, customer service driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free, and ‘open for business’ type associate to join our growing hospitality team! If you think you are ready for the exciting world of hospitality then Teaneck Marriott is for you!
This position is a hourly position, working on learning and honing cooking skills and technique, the fundamentals of the line shift production of a particular food production station [s] learning to execute all daily operational duties and about utilizing the WLW SOP’s and standards.
• This is a Culinarian in training position,[usually entry level or limited experience in the discipline] full job description and all job duties will be learned and practiced along with the mentoring of interns & stewards and daily preparation and production of their food outlet
• Utilize all F&B WLW SOP’s local health department regulations, and federal guidelines
• Inspect all foods received for freshness and proper specifications
• Store all raw foods and prepared items using all mandated procedures
• Follow all use records and procedures for food prep in accordance with HACCP
• Maintain all costs especially Food Cost [high protein work sheets] and Labor Cost, schedule control and OT elimination
• Help supervise the stewarding department and mentor them for potential lateral or cook positions
• Check freshness of foods and ingredients, ensure all recipes and portion use records are followed
• Be aware of all guest corporate feedback scores and conspire for positive influence on rankings
• Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between coworkers
• Mentor all associates for career development and advancement
• All Cooking and preparation equipment knowledge
• Knife skills
• Basic cooking skills, IE: Sauting, Broiling, Frying, Roasting, Butchery, Garde Manger, Pantry, Breakfast Cookery, etc
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.