posted July 11, 2019Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
We are currently looking for a Restaurant Server to join our team at our Cavalier Oceanfront Resort property.
As Restaurant Server, you’ll be responsible for serving menu items to guests in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner.
Key responsibilities of a Restaurant Server include:
• Greeting guests in a friendly and courteous manner and explaining all specials, promotions and food items on the menu
• Taking orders, using a guest check/ticket
• Answering questions about menu pricing, preparation, ingredients and plate presentation
• Memorizing and promoting daily specials
• Making food and beverage recommendations to guests as appropriate
• Up-selling appetizer specials, desserts and beverages to improve average check and guest experience
• Ensuring the guest needs are met, including keeping beverages full, providing additional condiments and/or food items, and checking back with guests during their meal
• Presenting check in a timely manner
• Collecting payment and providing change in a timely manner
• Balancing end-of-day paperwork, including cash, credit card and due backs with minimal errors, overages or shortages
• Completing side work
• Supporting other areas of the restaurant as necessary
• Maintaining a complete knowledge and understanding of menu items
The ideal Restaurant Server candidate will have at least one year of restaurant server experience, exceptional communication skills, and a passion for delivering excellent service. The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Possess a basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Must be willing and have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends
• Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 30 pounds through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift
• Ability to stand, walk, and move around during entire shift
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
• Must have a valid alcohol awareness certification or be capable of obtaining certification
• Must have a valid Certified Food Handlers Card or be capable of obtaining one
An Equal Opportunity Employer
About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
Nestled on a scenic seaside bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the Cavalier Oceanfront Resort offers guests an authentic Central Coast experience. Ideally located just three miles south of Hearst Castle, our warm and inviting accommodations are ideal for visitors to San Simeon and Cambria, and provide the perfect pause for road-weary travelers . An easy drive from Paso Robles wine country, the beaches of Morro Bay or Pismo Beach, and the quaint seaside village of Cambria, Cavalier Oceanfront Resort is located midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco and offers a relaxing break when traveling along the awe-inspiring Pacific Coast Highway. Choose from one of our 90 oceanview or oceanfront rooms and immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of the Central Coast.
Cavalier Restaurant serves up traditional American cuisine and unforgettable ocean views. Watch the sunset over the Pacific Ocean as you enjoy a delicious steak dinner featuring premium Hearst Ranch Beef and fresh locally caught seafood. Or unwind with friends at the bar while sipping on a selection of classic cocktails, wine, or beer. Start your day with a hearty breakfast or swing by lunch for a satisfying sandwich before exploring everything else that San Simeon has to offer. We also offer packaged picnic lunches to-go for those exploring the local attractions. We’re open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and feature a varied menu of classic favorites that you and your family are sure to love.
Escape the noise, chaos, and stress of daily life with a rejuvenating spa treatment at Diva Day Spa. Enjoy spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and the rocky California coastline as a sense of calm and tranquility wash over you. Diva Day Spa is a full-service spa in San Simeon and offers a wide array of services including massage treatments, reflexology, facials, hair styling (cut, color, highlights), waxing, manicure/pedicure, and more.