posted September 14, 2019DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown
Direct and organize the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and merchandising to maximize hotel Profitability.
REPORTS TO Director of Food and Beverage
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1.Oversee the team in the various outlets in order to attract, retain and motivate the employees hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications and recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate. Develop SOPs for Banquets Outlets Service
2. Implement company programs and manage the operations of any food and beverage outlet as required to ensure compliance with LSOPs and SOPs, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure am optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest(s).
3. Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc...) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service to standards.
4. Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
5. Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture more in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
6. Monitor and control the maintenance sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
7. Monitor and manage POS system ensuring all functions are working property, item keys are programmed and pricing costs are programmed
8. Attend all meetings as required Weekly Staff Daily Stand Ups etc.
9. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
10. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
11. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
1. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Participate in task forces and committees as required.
Knowledge and Skills
Education More than two years of post high school education, but less than a degree from a four year college.
Experience Two or three full years of full employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
Skills and Abilities
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. May require knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Supervision management communication skills are required. Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information and make logical conclusions and recommendations. Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
50 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215-4145
194 Room All Suite
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Columbus Downtown has a “New York City” feel in the heart of Columbus Ohio.
We are located in the heart of the business and entertainment district and four blocks from the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Whether you want to enjoy an exciting hockey game with the Columbus Blue Jackets at the Nationwide Arena, marvel in an award winning Ballet, Opera or Broadway play at Ohio Theater - you'll find them all within walking distance of our hotel, or you can take the complimentary downtown CBUS Downtown Circulator to these venues.
Each guest room provides luxurious bedding, a spacious work area, 42”TV and WiFi internet access. Enjoy all day dining in the Presidents Dining Room after a good night’s sleep. Start your day with a breakfast buffet followed by a lunch overlooking the busy streets of Columbus. Savor a dinner of regional American cuisine in a simple, elegant setting or just enjoy the game at the Capital Club Lounge.
Plan a business meeting, party or formal affair for up to 75 guests with assistance from our experienced staff. The 24-hour business center and AV support ensure a successful event.