posted September 23, 2019Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
Situated on a 750-foot stretch of private beach, Carillon Miami is Florida’s most comprehensive Spa and Wellness Resort. Carillon provides everything needed for a dream getaway: sumptuous lodgings, tempting food, a luxurious spa, invigorating workouts, sparkling pools, pristine beach, and much more.
The Guest Experience Leader is responsible for, but not limited to, contacting every guest prior to arrival, customizing and personalizing their experience as well as creating unique approaches to WOW the guest. The G.E.L. must recommend spa treatments, salon, health and healing and fitness services. The G.E.L. must be able to explain services and classes to guests in a clear and enthusiastic manner.
In addition to scheduling on property services and dinning, the GEL will act as the guest’s personal concierge to ensure that any outside entertainment, dinning and activities are facilitated for their convenience. The G.E.L. will check-in and check-out all hotel guests in an efficient, friendly, and personalized manner. While the guest is on property the G.E.L. will act as the guest’s main point of contact for any questions, concerns or recommendations relating to their stay. The G.E.L. will be responsible for documenting any specific requests or important information about their assigned guest in order to provide them with a higher level of service on their current and/or next visit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Percentage of time spent on each task.
• Contact guests prior to their stay, creating excitement and enthusiasm for their anticipated arrival. Determine guest’s trip persona (intentions). Obtain as much information as possible using our questionnaire and through conversation/ email. Actively listen to guests using empathic listening skills to assist in guest programming. Create customized itineraries for guest including outside activities during their stay. Inspire guest to achieve their goals while at Carillon Miami Wellness Resort. Communicate special requests to appropriate department heads. Communicate guest requests and vital information to providers and any other applicable outlets. Organize appointment scheduling to maximize use of time and profitability whilst ensuring that the guest’s needs are of first importance. 40%
• Greet all guests with positivity and a smile. Check-in all guests in an efficient, friendly and personalized manner. Ensure smooth check-out experience for each guest. Recommend survey and trip advisor to every guest. Accurately handle guest transactions including cash handling, credit card charges, room charges, gift cards, comps, etc. Reply quickly and efficiently to all incoming emails from guests and other departments. 30%
• Perform daily opening procedures. Perform end of shift or nightly closing procedures. 10%
• Represent Carillon Miami in a positive manner, both by speech and actions. Exercise proper phone, email and in person etiquette and professionalism. Document all guest challenges and irregularities in the reservation system. Communicate any concerns to the Guest Experience Managers or Director. Take ownership of guest problems, and refer the situation to a Manager or Director when necessary. 15%
• Create guest reservations when necessary and add shares/accompanies as
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other job-related duties as directed.
• Adhere to all Carillon Miami Wellness Resort standards and the LHW Standards.
• Keep the facility impeccably neat and clean at all times.
• Report and document any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
• Have a thorough working knowledge of Carillon Miami services, hours of operation, facility, etc.
• Recognize the importance of “sales” in every aspect of their role and be responsible for achieving sales targets as set by the Guest Experience Management team.
• Has a practice of a self-care so there is a modeling of a healthy lifestyle.
• Willingness to learn new techniques and software.
• Participates ongoing training and development.
• Understands they are a part of a team committed to optimizing the health and satisfaction of our guests.
• Ensures a positive experience for ever guest arriving and departing from the hotel.
• Handles guest concerns relating to service and payment.
• Provides concierge services (entertainment, restaurant reservations, and any other specific guest requests).
• Troubleshoots problems situations to assure procedures and processes are examined to prevent
• Handle and or refers guest problems or complaints to Manager according to Carillon Miami guest problem resolution policy.
• Flexible with working hours to include day, nights, weekends, and or holidays.
• Responsible for overnight coverage, this includes but not limited to work the overnight shift.
• Participates in guest service interactions throughout the property and other events as assigned.
• Must have working knowledge of: Opera, Spa Soft, Go Concierge, Open Table, HotSOS, Outlook, Word, Power Point, Publisher
• Must possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must wear name tag and department uniform.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum two-years guest service experience required, cash handling experience
• Hospitality experience required.
• Spa Experience preferred.
• Concierge, Personal Assistant or Butler experience preferred.
B. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Computer knowledge required
• Must demonstrate a professional, efficient manner with the ability to work and interact with a variety of people.
• Must be able to remain calm under stressful situations.
• Must be detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision; work well under
pressure; able to manage multiple projects.
• Must possess minimum typing skills of 30 w.p.m.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language both verbally and written.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
Carillon is about wellness and balance. Here, the energy of the Atlantic sets the stage for guests to craft the type of vacation they want without ever having to leave the property. The 150 all-suite resort cradles guests in comfort and serenity, and nourishes body, mind, and soul through health-conscious dining options and Miami’s most comprehensive fitness and wellness programs.
Guests have all-included access to more than 40 group fitness classes, a two-story indoor rock wall, and daily wellness lectures, as well as complimentary use of the spa's healing Thermal Experiences.
Carillon does not impose any preconceived idea of what wellness should be, allowing guests to define their own experiences, which may include enjoying in craft cocktails, indulging in traditional food choices, or doing nothing at all. However guests spend their time at Carillon, they can expect the highest level of service and attention to detail.