posted January 21, 2020Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe
Teaneck Marriott is looking for a courteous, customer service driven, happy, energetic, ambitious, inspired, ego-free, and ‘open for business’ type associate to join our growing hospitality team! If you think you are ready for the exciting world of hospitality then Teaneck Marriott is for you
The Catering Service House-Person position is a highly visible role responsible for assisting the Catering Service Lead in the successful set-up, service, and tear-down of all hotel events and related day-to-day operations. The Catering Service House-Person is responsible for delivering pro-active service as directed by the RED COATS
• Meets and exceeds customer expectations
• Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
• Attends work on time as scheduled and adheres to attendance policy.
• The primary responsibility of the Banquet house-person is to provide the highest quality of service at all times to guests.
• Familiar with the location of all function rooms and related areas and the various types of workable setups.
• Correctly and efficiently set-up and break-down all department functions.
• Be totally familiar with and practice the safe handling care and storage of all banquet equipment.
• Keeps the function room area and storage areas clean and neat at all times.
• Returns all equipment not in use to its proper storage area in a clean condition before the end of each shift.
• Services/freshens all meeting rooms during breaks. Checks temperature and sees if all lights are working and adjusted properly.
• Assists guests whenever possible, referring all requests which are beyond the scope of responsibility immediately to supervisor or the Catering Manager on duty.
• Performs periodic total cleaning of the area, as assigned by Head House-person or Catering Service Manager.
• Capable of using industrial equipment such as large vacuums or buffers.
• Capable of moving up to 50 lbs.
• Wears proper uniform at all times in accordance with the standards of appearance.
• Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Practices safety standards at all times.
• Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including, but not limited to, those contained in the associate handbook.
• Must pass certification quiz/test for position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Ability to ensure compliance with hotel standards, policies and procedures for self.
• Ability to be a clear thinker, analyzes and resolve problems, and exercise good judgment.
• Ability to be self-motivated and contribute to a cohesive team
• Ability to focus attention to details.
• Ability to develop strong, productive, professional relationships ith co-workers and guests.
• Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of Guest and hotel information and materials
• Ability to work without constant direct supervision.
• Ability to employ creative, artistic skills in the presentation of food and beverage displays, and function area design and set-up.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.