Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests as extended stay residents and offer services, amenities, and a casual, comfortable environment that reminds guests of home. Apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms and spacious bedrooms provide guests with the spaces that fit their needs. Typically located in urban, airport, and suburban areas, Hyatt House hotels cater to extended stay business travelers, as well as leisure travelers and families.
The purpose of Sales Manager (SM) position is to provide world class service to all guests. The Sales Manager is responsible for representing Hyatt Place’s services and facilities to prospective clients and customers in an effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The SM would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards by responding to sales inquiries from potential clients and customers seeking meeting space, food and beverage services, as well as some room night blocks:
- Prospecting for business
- Qualifying prospects
- Making in person sales calls as well as telephone sales calls
- Participating in sales travel as needed
- Participating in special promotions/blitzes
- Other sales activities as assigned.
- Attend off premise after hour functions in order to promote the hotel
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GUEST SATISFACTION
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and proper uniform within entire department
- Greets guests, visitors and staff in a courteous and friendly manner
- Smile, acknowledge and greet guests in rooms and/or in passing
- Assists guests and team members with anything that they may need
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested, or deemed necessary by management
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Physically and visually able to utilize a computer keyboard, printer, phones, and basic office supplies
- Firm and simple grasping is an ongoing requirement for all aspects of work
- Lifting of supplies occurs occasionally, usually not more than 25 lbs. but may be up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand and walk 40% of the work day
THE SALES MANAGER MUST:
- Understand the competitive landscape and do what it takes to secure business that meets or exceeds revenue expectations and profit goals.
- Initiate new sales, prospects and qualify leads.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat clients using multiple channels.
- Capture the client's vision and effectively convey the specifications to appropriate departments, rapidly responding to inquiries and concerns, ensuring an exceptional client experience and seeding future sales.
- Connect with people in a meaningful way, continually innovating to expand the reach with key corporate, association, and SMERF accounts.
- Tap into community organizations (Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitors Bureau) to elevate the hotel's market share awareness, driving further business.
- Represent the hotel with enthusiasm and professionalism with a businesslike appearance and demeanor to all hotel guests, clients, and prospective clients.
- Be knowledgeable on hotel features, amenities and services that affect guests' hotel experiences for the hotel and competing hotels in the market.
- Actively participate in community civic, charitable and professional organizations in order to maintain a high profile for the hotel, to develop personally and professionally.
- Be knowledgeable on competitors, including visiting and keeping records on specific competitors to the degree required in our competition analysis policies
- Host and entertain clients and maintain client accounts
- Conduct property site visits and answer questions
- Prepare proposals, negotiate contracts, service accounts and analyze lost business for the hotel
- Partner with operations departments to ensure full participation in servicing accounts
- Must have two to three years of hotel sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- A degree preferably in Sales, Marketing and/or Hospitality Management is highly desirable.
- Excellent command of oral and written skills with good group presentation abilities.
- Local Evanston / Chicago Downtown market experience is preferred