posted July 9, 2019Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle
1. Recruit, screen, interview, performs reference checks and coordinate department interviews for hourly candidates while maintaining the applicant flow logs to ensure quality hires and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. Manage the employment process from recruitment to hiring. (20%)
2. Position the hotel as the “preferred employer” in the area by maintaining strong community relations with referral agencies to maintain strong applicant flow. Work with local agencies to obtain OJT, TJTC or wage free labor. (5%)
3. Counsel and train managers on employee relations issues, resolve employee grievances, conduct management exit interviews & examine all exit interviews for trends, implement various employee relations programs to maintain a pro-employee environment that ultimately limits turnover. Advocate & actively ensure the Guarantee of Fair Treatment through regular monitoring of the employee relations climate. (20%)
4. Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures along with state, federal and local laws and regulations as they pertain to every facet of Human Resources/Employer related functions. (10%)
5. Supervise Human Resources operation in the hotel to attract, retain and motivate staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication, discipline and terminate as appropriate. (5%)
6. Formulate budgets for Employee Relations, Staff Training and Recruitment Advertising as well as wages and benefits for Human Resource Staff for the budgeted time frame. Manage expenses through checkbook accounting for Human Resource related areas and execute “flex” financial management when required. Produce three period forecasts as it relates to expense and wages. (5%)
7. Maximize productivity and minimize labor cost by analyzing trends in premium hours and adjusting staffing guidelines to maintain IHR budgeted margins for labor cost. (5%)
8. Survey, recommend, implement and manage an hourly wage program and administer the management salary program within the corporate policies and procedures and maintain compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations. (5%)
9. Survey, implement, communicate and administer the benefit program in compliance with corporate procedures to aid and retain employees. Propose enhancements to the proper authority for approval before implementation. (5%)
10. Assess needs, plan, implement and coordinate management, hourly and supervisory training programs, including IHR core training programs to develop quality managers and limit hotel liability. (5%)
11. Manage workers and unemployment compensation programs and represent the hotel at various hearings to provide a safe, fair work environment, reduce cost and limit liability. (3%)
12. Ensure proper maintenance of employee records, files and Human Resource office systems (ADP/IPP). Manage the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations. (2%)
13. Ensure all employee relations activities are administered consistently and in a timely manner. (2%)
14. Act as a facilitator in the Quality Improvement Process. (2%)
Notify GM of any potential for liability and propose proper course of action to prevent the hotel from incurring any such liability. (2%)
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
595 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108
317 Room Hotel
We provide easy access to popular attractions such as the charming Old Town, University of California San Diego Health, Fashion Valley Mall and Marine Corps Recruit Depot. After diving into the local culture, travelers can rest up in our spacious rooms and suites. They can experience total relaxation with our luxurious bedding and stay well-connected with complimentary Wi-Fi and flat-panel TVs. When hunger arises, The Bistro serves breakfast, lunch and dinner options in addition to handcrafted cocktails and Starbucks® coffee. Guests can maintain their exercise routine with an invigorating workout in our fitness center, providing cardio equipment and free weights. For those needing to host a social or business gathering, reserve one of our 10 event spaces. Whether guests are in town for business or vacation, they can make unforgettable memories at Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle.