This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
To create 100% guest satisfaction for guests by preparing neat, clean rooms that exceed guest expectations
· Employees may be required to work irregular hours with varying schedules to reflect the business need of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· General knowledge and experience with technical devices (i.e. computers and tablets)
· Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
· Ability to work well in a team environment and motivate team to sustain exceptional levels of performance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do Attitude”, genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate to use the 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee
· Performs unpleasant tasks, including cleaning toilet, spills and messess
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do Attitude” and genuine hospitality
Cleans and prepares guest rooms daily in accordance with Hilton standards
· Prepares bed and bath linen
· Cleans and straightens room
· Displays and replaces amenities and promotional materials
· Orders repairs as appropriate
· Returns articles left in rooms to Lost and Found
Maintains supplies necessary to clean rooms efficiently
· Keeps closets and carts sufficiently stocked in a neat and organized manner.
· Organizes and cleans linen closet – removes soiled, torn or worn linen
· Notifies Housekeeping Department of stock shortages and/or malfunctioning equipment
Adheres to hotel policies and procedures
· Attends work on time as scheduled
· Follows safety and security rules and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to push a cart weighing up to 300 pounds.
· Ability to stand and walk (including up and down stairs) for long periods of time (typically 90% of the shift) while performing duties.
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on all communication devices.
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Ideally located in the heart of the island, Hilton Waikiki Beach is only one block from the sea. With Leahi (Diamond Head) as a stunning backdrop, this contemporary Waikiki hotel offers a true Hawaiian paradise without the resort fees. We offer rooms and suites with gorgeous views of the surroundings, resort-style amenities and delicious dining options available anytime of the day.