This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Responsible for serving guests food and beverage in the restaurant.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Must be able to use English both verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Displays proficiency in MICROS POS
· Knowledgeable in Kitchen Display System
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality
Provides food and beverage service to guests in the restaurant
· Provides guest with overview of menu choices 10%
· Takes guests’ order – provides explanation of menu and upsells as appropriate 10%
· Utilizes MICROS POS to accurately enter food & beverage orders and process discounts and payments. 10%
· Prepares order for presentation to guest 5%
· Servers and replenishes beverages 5%
· Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware 5%
· Cleans tables, chairs and floor area 5%
· Resets table quickly 5%
· Consolidates and garnishes food items when completed and delivers to assigned table. 15%
· Knowledgably in bar beverages ie: beer, wine, distilled spirits
· Assists service team as necessary to meet and exceed the guests’ expectations
· Complete all side work assignments to Restaurant standards 10%
· Performs duties according to the Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines 10%
· Must perform manual and electronic transactions that include: monies, room charge, credit card, coupons, vouchers and any hotel issued certificates. 10%
Sets up and maintains appearance of Server areas, which include:
· Prepares beverages according to guest requests
· Ensures Condiments are full and presentable
· Utensils & dishes cleaned and presentable
· Able to work in indoor environment
· Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· 1 year experience in a high volume full service restaurant
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Liquor card required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs 10%
· Minimal pushing and pulling tables up to 20-50lbs 10%
· Carrying up to 5lbs, occasionally up to 25 lbs 20%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for an 8 hour shift
· Kneeling, bending & squatting 15%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: Grasping & Gripping objects being handled 90%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 5%
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on communication devices
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Ideally located in the heart of the island, Hilton Waikiki Beach is only one block from the sea. With Leahi (Diamond Head) as a stunning backdrop, this contemporary Waikiki hotel offers a true Hawaiian paradise without the resort fees. We offer rooms and suites with gorgeous views of the surroundings, resort-style amenities and delicious dining options available anytime of the day.