…THE DALMAR will change your mind about what a hotel can be…of how a Hotel can transform the city that surrounds it…It will be a hotel unlike anything Fort Lauderdale has seen. A hotel that celebrates the city’s past, while shaping its future. In the process, it will establish itself as a vibrant cultural hub in the local scene – and an essential destination for the global creative class.
- SINCERE: builds emotional connections with guests through empathy and thoughtful service
- NON-SCRIPTED: treats guests like individuals, avoids corporate sentiments and brings their personality to each interaction
- ENGAGING: great storytellers with the ability to draw out lifestyle cues from guests and recommend local experiences that match their interests
- SENSE OF PRIDE: doesn’t perceive their role as forced servitude; they are driven by a personal connection/passion for what the hotel stands for and its reason for being
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
Overnight Supervisor will represent the leadership during the overnight shift. The Overnight Supervisor also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning, budgeting, staffing and payroll in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
The Overnight Supervisor provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Front Office department making sure they adhere to the standards of excellence and to the guidelines set in the employee handbook, hotel policies and procedures, coaching, training and correcting where needed.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Front Office Manager dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Occasionally Assist guests with their luggage, be a point of contact for our guests, valet park guests cars and other responsibilities to ensure all requirements are met during our guests stay.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when overcapacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning nightly work, conducting training, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and also reward.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform the full night audit if needed.
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports.
- Assist the Front Office Manager in implementing and enforcing financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling and purchasing.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
Must be able to communicate in English writing and speaking and other languages are advantages. Good personality and charming is important to be the Night Manager in the way to represent himself on behalf of hotel management.
Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
Previous Front Office experience in supervisory/management capacity in a Mid scale or Luxury property is required.
Previous customer service and general computer experience required. Property Management Software experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to de-escalate difficult situations and ensure high level of security and guest satisfaction.
- Ability to handle multi-line telephone systems and individual call functions such as hold, forward, and conference.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort
Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment. While performing job duties, the associate speaks, listens, completes documents, processes requests, and operates office equipment such as a telephone, calculator, computer, copier, and fax. Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds. Work may involve occasional exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. Exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.