posted September 7, 2019WoodSpring Suites West Melbourne I-95 North
Nationwide Hotel Management Company, LLC is a fast-growing company. We offer excellent benefits. We are a company were "People First" is our top priority. Come and join this awesome team. Apply Now!!
Maintains hotel rooms and public areas in a guest ready state. Works closely with the General Manager and other hotel staff to clean each room to brand standards, including inspecting every room to ensure it is guest ready.
Head Room Attendants perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel, cleaning both guest rooms, public spaces, and at times performing the duties of overnight/on-call, and/or Guest Service Representative. Work shifts vary by day and week and depending upon business needs.
Besides performing the duties of a Room Attendant, the Head Room Attendant acts as a trainer and leader for other Room Attendants. The Head Room Attendant helps stock carts; ensures personal protective equipment is used, and that cleaning supplies are properly used.
• Coordinates activities, cleaning priorities, and guest service needs with the front desk and management
• Receives a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public areas to be cleaned during Room Attendants’ shifts.
• Maintains an orderly cart utilizing the detailed Cart Program. The cart contains clean linens, towels, toiletry items, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, broom, dust pan and mop. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning of each shift.
• Inspects rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards for pest control.
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, utilizing the detailed checklists so that health standards are met, and the property is clean to company standards.
• Cleans doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows.
• Cleans and inspects fire prevention devices (smoke alarms and sprinklers).
• Replaces soiled linen and towels, disinfects bathroom surfaces, dusts or wipes down all surfaces, sweeps and mops all floors.
• Replenishes room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
• Empties wastebaskets and transports other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Observes precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reports any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.), to the General Manager.
• Notifies General Manager of any maintenance issues.
• Notifies General Manager of leftover guest belongings and bags and tags the items.
• Keep storage areas clean, and organized.
• Provides inventory management to ensure property is equipped with necessary parts and supplies.
• Washes and folds laundry as necessary.
• Inspects work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
• Position may require that employee cover on call, office closed desk hours and respond to guest emergencies, check ins or other service requests. Company/Property cell phone will be provided.
• Responds to hotel emergencies and masters all emergency policies and procedures.
Essential Functions are not all-inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Full job description attached
The nation’s fastest-growing hotel franchise, ownership and management company focused on the growing value, extended-stay hotel segment - WoodSpring Hotels was founded in 2003. Today there are WoodSpring Suites, WoodSpring Suites Signature and Value Place hotels in 36 states.
As an extended stay hotel we vary from traditional hotels in several ways including a focus on cost-conscious transient guests (typically needing a room for several nights or longer) a simple, better hotel experience. They may be moving to or within the community, visiting friends and family, vacationing, working or attending meetings and conferences, or coming to study or pursue other career goals but all of our guests should enjoy the same, consistent experience. Every room includes a kitchen, free wi-fi and parking are standard, pet-friendly rooms are in every hotel, guest laundry and other amenities are available around the clock. On-site, hotel staff is expected to be professional, welcoming, and helpful while ensuring every well-priced suite is incredibly clean.
This location is one of about 115 locations owned by the WoodSpring Hotels corporate ownership entity and managed by its compliment - WoodSpring Hotels Property Management. Employees at our owned/operated hotels receive competitive compensation packages and frequently advance at the property and, in some cases, on to regional and even national opportunities.
Are you ready to put your hospitality skills and enthusiasm to work for an industry leader? Positions available at this location are posted on this page and you can find openings at our brand offices in Matthews (Charlotte), North Carolina and Wichita, Kansas and for remote employees here.