posted August 18, 20191 Hotel South Beach
ABOUT 1 HOTELS
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Work effectively as part of the events team, primarily responsible for, but not limited to, completion of all tasks related to set-up and break-down of china, glass, silver, linen, tables, chairs and props for events as well as fulfilling guest needs and requests.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Providing Restaurant Guest Service standards to include:
• Highest standards of food product, sanitation, storage, and handling procedures
• Food product, presentation, and service standards
• Monitor food quality and portion control standards
• Know all In-House and VIP guests
• Thorough knowledge of menus
• Know all daily specials
• Follow schedule, sidework, and station assignments
• Service details:
o Table set up
o Table maintenance
o Service pace in delivering food from kitchen to guest’s table & to insure food quality and presentation
• Follows guest’s food and beverage orders in placing correct item in front of correct guest
• Execute tableside presentation
• Respond to guest requests
• Communicate with MOD of kitchen
• Cash Handling & Accountability
• Participate in daily shift meetings
• Problem solving / Troubleshooting
• Thorough conversational knowledge of hotel history and statistics.
• Strict adherence to uniform & grooming standards
• Directly supervised by Restaurant & Bar Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and Required Skills:
• High School or General Education Diploma (GED).
• 2 years Front of the House Food & Beverage experience in luxury world class hotel or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Clear fluent conversational English.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as recipes, memos, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and requisitions.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, areas, circumference and volume in seating/room capacities.
• Primary quality detailed service ethic.
• Strong interpersonal staff and guest relations.
• Team minded approach to fellow workers.
• Ability to apply commons sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities of aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme heat.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold.
• The noise level in the work environmental is usually moderate.
Due to nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel
Ability to cross train in various departments for overall understanding of the operations and provide ultimate guest experience.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor/manager. This document does not create an employment contract, implies of otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
Your South Beach hotel retreat is inspired by 600-feet of beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.
Thoughtful touches bring nature into your expansive room with reclaimed woods, ocean views, custom hemp-blend mattress by Keetsa and 100% organic cotton sheets.
Swim, sun and recharge on 600 feet of white sand beach at the Beach Club. Relax on a waterside daybed with full-service cabanas at one of two ocean-side swimming pools, or the adult-only 1 Rooftop pool.
1 Hotels offer everything you need for your business functions, wedding or celebrations, including unique meeting spaces, state-of-the-art technology, turnkey event planning, menus by an experienced Culinary team and private events available in Beachcraft with menus by chef Tom Colicchio.