posted October 10, 2019WoodSpring Suites Brownsville
“Nationwide Hotel Management Company, LLC. (NHMC) is a full service hotel management company specializing in the economy and select service segments of the hospitality industry, with services focused on the extended stay segment. With over 120 hotels under management throughout the United States, NHMC is one of the country’s largest hotel management companies, and largest within the Choice Hotels family of brands. This position will be located at WoodSpring Suites property in CITY, STATE or Corporate office in Wichita, KS. Founded in 2003 and based in Wichita, Kansas, the company has over 1,100 associates and growing. Please visit www.nationwidehmc.com to learn more about our organization and to view additional career opportunities.”
Provides friendly and responsive front desk service to guests, while also ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from departing guests.
Ensures that all service provided is consistently prompt and courteous and designed to meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
Cleans the lobby and public restroom; washes and folds laundry; and assists other staff in preparing check outs to be guest ready.
Responds to any/all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building – electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
• Secures payment; verifies and adjusts billing. Verifies customers' credit, and establish how the customer will pay for the accommodation. Computes bills, collects payments, and make change for guests.
• Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning room/sign rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
• Maintains proficiency in all location computer and software systems.
• Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
• Keeps records of room availability/inventory management, and guests' accounts.
• Performs bookkeeping activities including running reports, posting payments to guest folios.
• Records guest comments or complaints, referring customers to General Manager as necessary.
• Contacts housekeeping or maintenance staff when guests report problems.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Cleans and maintains common areas within the hotel: hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, to company standards.
• Assists guests in checking in or out as directed by the General Manager.
• Keeps store rooms in clean, safe, and organized condition at all times.
• Assists other employees in completing their respective duties, as necessary, to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas, and outstanding customer service.
• Cleans and maintains lobby, entrance doors including snow removal from entrances, sidewalks, and emergency exits.
• Works in laundry room area loading and unloading washers and dryers and folding items.
• Notify General Manager or Maintenance Technician of any major repairs.
• Provides inventory management to ensure property is equipped with necessary parts and supplies.
• Serves as Manager-on-Duty in General Manager and/or Lead GSR absence.
• Prepares housekeeping duty rosters for move-out and stay-over cleans.
• Inspects/stocks housekeeping carts for service preparedness.
• Inspect rooms for guest readiness.
• Other duties as assigned.
Full job description attached.
Just down the street from Glady’s Porter Zoo and other great attractions like Space X Launch Site, Schlitterbahn Water Park and Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site.
The Value Place Brownsville located near Brownsville/South Padre Island International Airport, is an extended stay hotel offering great rates for nightly, weekly and extended stay guests. The hotel offers three comfortable room types all with well-equipped kitchens and plenty of space for working and relaxing.
Our unique extended stay hotel offers three room types, all of which include the comforts you require at a price you can afford. Each Brownsville weekly hotel room is fully-furnished and includes a modified kitchen with a full-size refrigerator and freezer, a two-burner stovetop, microwave, living room/bedroom furnishings and more. All guests have access to on-site, 24/7 laundry facilities andvending machines – ideal for extended stays.
Value Place extended stay hotels provide a truly affordable, incredibly clean, always simple extended stay hotel experience. Now part of the WoodSpring Hotels extended stay family, we’re even more committed to providing our guests with the friendly service, essential amenities and reasonable rates they’ve come to expect. Whether you’re traveling for a night, a week or even longer, you’re sure to appreciate the kitchen in every room and the option to pay for only the additional amenities and services you need. Make Value Place extended stay hotels your choice when you want the comforts of home at an incredible value.