Inspiring others to do their best each day!General Manager
The General Manager (GM) will lead an experienced staff and an engaged hotel team in providing hospitality to guests in a clean, safe, and properly maintained hotel. The GM operates the property as a profitable enterprise, leading the staff as manager, coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Facility and Guest Service standards. The GM will lead the team to accomplish financial and operational results, communicating feedback, evaluating performance, and training the team in successful operation of the hotel.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Leads the property in generation of revenue through sales and marketing efforts at the property level and in coordination with company and external brand resources, participating in sales calls and site visits in a revenue leadership role
• Maintains strong knowledge of and relationships in the local market, including demand generators, competitor strategies, and community impact opportunities. Manages relationships with hotel vendors, negotiating service agreements as appropriate
• Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
• Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage occupancy and rates, wages and controllable expenses. Strives accomplish financial goals simultaneously with superior guest and team member satisfaction.
• Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
• Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Supports the team’s skill proficiency and professional development through appropriate training and feedback. Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and team members; Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service
• Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
• Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
• Analyzes any service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
• Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
• Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence; Makes key decisions, removes obstacles to success, and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
• Creates a synergistic team and work environment that consistently delivers positive results and continuously strives to improve these results
• Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
Travelers looking for all-suite hotels in Fresno, CA will appreciate the SpringHill Suites Fresno hotel for our ideal location near Fresno Yosemite International Airport and our new multi-million-dollar renovation improvements. Our hotel is a convenient over-night stop on the way to Yosemite, King’s Canyon, or Sequoia National Parks. We are less than 5-minutes from more than 30 restaurants at River Park Mall, convenient for visits to Woodward Park and Fresno State. We offer our guests complimentary: hotel-wide WiFi, a hot breakfast buffet, and parking. Unwind after a busy day in our Fresno hotel’s spacious studio suites and relax on the plush Marriott bedding or stretch out in the separate living room area offering a sofa and work desk, a wet bar with a mini-fridge and microwave, and a large swivel-stand HDTV. Guests enjoy 24-hour access to our onsite fitness center as well as the business center, the outdoor pool and hot tub, and our meeting spaces.