You love a role with variety and executing the plan to perfection!Operations Manager Marriott AC Hotel Washington, DC Downtown
New Hotel Opening 4Q 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a successful hospitality leader to be the opening Operations Manager of this new beautiful hotel that is currently under construction and is slated to open in 4Q 2019. The hotel is located at 1112 19th Street NW between L & M. It will feature 219 contemporary guest rooms, a lobby bar and restaurant with sidewalk cafe in season, plus two rooftop meeting rooms and an outdoor patio totaling 2,000 SF of space.
The Operations Manager (OM) will hold similar duties to the Assistant General Manager, but have their focus directed to the front office and housekeeping and the restaurant during the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager. The OM will lead the staff as coach and trainer in the proper execution of the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Food Service standards. This includes the assessment of staff and property by “walking” the site and managing the team on a continual basis throughout the day. The Operations Manager will assist with the hire team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer discipline and train the team in successful performance of their jobs. The OM provides effective guest service and is responsible for the total site in the absence of the Assistant General Manager.
The Operations Manager:
- Coaches and supports hotel team to effectively manage wages and controllable expenses. Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or team member satisfaction
- Manages costs within the hotel, including supplies, utilities, food and beverage and labor expenses to within budgeted parameters, combining with sales/revenue acumen to deliver an efficient and profitable operation.
- Ensures service, technical skills and other training occurs throughout the property to support successful daily operations.
- Participates in sales calls and site visits with members of the sales team to acquire new business or close on business
- Reviews financial reports and statements to understand property’s performance versus budget and expenses. Works to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve performance
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and entire team. Ensures direct reports do the same for their team.
- Establishes a presence with team members on property and actively solicits team member feedback. Utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews team member engagement results to identify and address team member problems or concerns. Ensures team members are treated fairly and equitably.
- Hires team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and leadership to meet the business needs of the operation
- Fosters team member commitment to providing exceptional service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and team members
- Demonstrates and communicates drivers of guest satisfaction; ensures core elements of service strategy are in place to produce the desired results
- Serves as a guest advocate for the property. Pulls together resources to resolve guest and operational issues and impact results
- Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction
- Observes service behaviors of team members and provides feedback to individuals and/or supervisors.
- Reviews comment cards, guest survey results and other data to identify areas of improvement. Reviews findings with hotel team and ensures appropriate action is taken
- Analyzes service issues and identifies trends. Facilitates the development of creative solutions to overcome obstacles and ensures implementation to continually improve guest satisfaction results
- Ensures that building is well maintained and that operational areas have an atmosphere that meets or exceeds guest expectations
- Makes decisions and oversees team performance, removes obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results
- Inspires and motivates teams to achieve operational excellence
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently and that team member performance is evaluated and recognized where appropriate
- Ensures property meets franchise standards
- Ensures property is a safe and secure facility for guests and team members
- Communicates and ensures execution of hotel emergency procedures
- Previous hotel Management experience with proven success in leadership of teams
- Prior experience with front office and housekeeping
- Proven success in guest service results
- College degree preferred
- Strong financial knowledge required
- Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state
- Drive for Results demonstrated through successful performance in prior leadership positions
- Action Orientation to work efficiently and effectively toward property revenue and operational objectives
- Time Management skills to meet commitments across multiple departments and roles
- Customer Focus to consistently deliver optimal employee and customer satisfaction for the hotel