Work effectively as part of the Café service team, primarily responsible for but not limited to, fulfilling guest service needs and completion of all tasks related to prep, set-up, service, selling, food & beverage preparation, cash handling, bussing, breakdown, and side duties in the Café to deliver the ultimate food & beverage guest experience.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Anticipate and understand guests’ service needs, ascertain satisfaction, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Greet, welcome and acknowledge all guests by name and respond to their requests in a courteous and professional manner using professional language at all times. Remain attentive to the needs of all guests, providing them with dependable, punctual and enthusiastic service. Provide courteous, friendly and efficient service to all internal and external guests. Thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Consistently conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times and work professionally with colleagues and team leaders with a team minded approach.
• Attend pre-shift meetings to learn shift details, including property and guest expectations.
• Attend and participate in all required meetings.
• Complete opening and closing duties including but not limited to setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking/unlocking doors, etc.
• Responsible for set-up, stocking, refresh, maintenance and presentation of all Café products and work areas.
• Take orders; record in point of sale system and prepare food, coffee and other beverages; and collect payment from guests.
• Ensure that all equipment is turned on/off at appropriate times.
• Respond to and fulfill any special guest arrangements.
• Confirm accuracy of order and deliver items in a timely fashion. Serve food and beverage to guests.
• When serving beverages, abide by all state, federal and local liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and guests.
• Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with delivered food and beverage.
• Present physical and accurate check to guest, process payment and follow cash handling procedures. Process food and beverage checks for guests as well as accurately close these accounts out.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of Café areas practicing “clean as you go” while avoiding breaking and reporting all breakage incidents. Break down and remove any boxes and packaging used to unpack supplies and equipment related to the Café. Return any service carts used to transport supplies and equipment to proper location.
• Perform shift cleaning and restocking tasks and breakdown of service. Ensure all stations are properly set and the Café is clean and neat, returning and restocking all food and beverage items, condiments, and supplies to the proper area, prior to checking out with the leader on duty and finishing the shift and departing. Focus on attention to details when bussing and clearing food & beverage and associated equipment and supplies throughout the shift.
• Maintain high standards of food product, portion control, presentation, service, in room dining supply quality, safety and cleanliness.
• Adhere to no solicitation of gratuities policy.
• Input real-time work orders via HotSOS and any guest concerns during interaction. Convey with clarity in HotSOS any and all guest opportunities.
• Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to optimize performance and create value by challenging existing processes; encouraging innovation and driving necessary change.
• Be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, exercise good judgement, resolutions must be thoughtful, and with the guest in mind. Immediate follow-up with a leader is expected.
• Establish and maintain open, positive, collaborative, and professional internal and external relationships. Develop lasting relationships with guests and to secure repeat business. Foster and promote a cooperative working environment, maximizing efficiency and delivering the ultimate guest experience.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
• Ensure compliance with hotel policies, procedures, and standards with self and colleagues.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
• Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Embody the 1 Hotels Vision, Mission and Compass; deliver on Our Promise, provide Good-Natured Service and uphold our Brand Pillars.
Reports to Food & Beverage leadership team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Previous food and beverage service experience.
• Excellent communication and listening skills. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate in English with service team and present specific food & beverage information to guests. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or team members and ability to respond to and creatively resolve guest inquiries and complaints.
• Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, menus, amenity lists, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to write legibly (ie taking orders, tracking).
• Ability to learn and work with technology including devices such as computers, iPods and iPads.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• Excellent guest service skills.
• Ability to follow directions and work in a team environment.
• Ability to remain flexible and adaptable.
• Must possess a high quality, detailed and service work ethic.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to follow all food and safety regulations and property standards.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Carry trays up to 25 pounds with one hand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands/fingers; to handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, taste & smell. The team member is frequently required to walk, kneel, or crouch and must possess the ability to stand for long periods (more than 8 hours).
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation. Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules, including holidays and weekends to accommodate the business and demands of the property.
• Food Handling Certificate
• TIPs Certification