We are looking for a creative, innovative, and proficient in all aspects of food preparation. Chef de cuisine will be responsible for preparing, cooking, and presenting food to our guests and customers. You will need to develop new dishes, determine specials of the day, and put together a menu that feels fresh and exciting to our guests meeting our brand standards. You will need to be comfortable with table side visits to engage our customers.
• Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
• Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
• Estimate food requirements and food/labor costs
• Supervise kitchen staff’s activities
• Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs
• Recruit and manage kitchen staff
• Rectify arising problems or complaints
• Give prepared plates the “final touch”
• Perform administrative duties
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Keep time and payroll records
• Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
• Proven working experience as a chef in fine dining operations
• Excellent record of kitchen management
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
• Capable of delegating multiple tasks
• Communication and leadership skills
• Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate preferred
Park Hyatt Chicago embodies an ambiance of discreet, high-style residential lifestyle and a sublime Gold Coast location. Experience a luxurious urban vibe and passionate hotel service in the heart of Chicago’s Gold Coast on the prestigious Magnificent Mile. Surrounded by the energy of downtown Chicago, our intimate luxury hotel is the perfect place for enjoying the most exciting attractions in downtown Chicago - from live entertainment to acclaimed art museums to glamorous boutiques and trendy restaurants.
Park Hyatt Chicago offers all the amenities you need for relaxing, working, dining, meeting and exploring Chicago. Our hotel offers indoor valet parking, a full business center available 24 hours a day 24 hour concierge, and magnificent art throughout the hotel Indulge in our exclusive Hyatt E-Concierge service that allows you to request everything from welcome amenities, to spa appointments to dinner reservations prior to your arrival. Be our guest, and enjoy the warmly dignified service it is our pleasure to provide at Park Hyatt Chicago.