About the hotel
The Burgess is the newest boutique hotel joining the city’s flourishing Buckhead scene, offering an unforgettable lifestyle experience that is truly - In The Moment. The hotel is currently being transformed into a 100-room boutique hotel in the heart of the Atlanta’s Buckhead district part of the Trademark Collection by Wyndham.
Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.
The Ideal Candidate for this Position
The ideal candidate should have experience in an upscale, chef driven restaurant. Hotel experience is a plus, but not required. Candidate must be able to demonstrate & lead with 100% guest satisfaction & authentic hospitality
The Restaurant General Manager will coordinate food service activities of hotel, restaurant, or similar establishment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Oversee kitchen, banquets, restaurant outlets.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Estimates food and beverage costs and requisitions or purchases supplies.
- Confers with food preparation and other personnel to plan menus and related activities such as dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Inspects food and food preparation to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations. Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints.
- Reviews financial transactions and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget limitations.
- Requests identification from customers when legal age is questioned.
- Estimates food consumption and purchases or requisitions foodstuffs and kitchen supplies.
- Reviews menus, analyzes recipes, determines food, labor, and overhead costs, and assigns prices to menu items.
- Directs food apportionment policy to control costs.
- Supervises cooking and other kitchen personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Supervises staff and operations including menu development, food costing, food preparation and service delivery
- Ensures excellence in food and beverage service delivery
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the GM
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Benefits
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability. EOE/AA.
Compensation: Highly competitive salary and highly attainable bonus program
Compensation: Competitive Salary