posted August 18, 2019Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe
White Lodging operates more than 90-premium hotels, 30 restaurants and 30 brands in 20 states. Success knows no boundaries at White Lodging, where associates and leadership have consistently earned superior guest satisfaction scores.
Perform routine preventative maintenance and repair to include guest room calls. Proactively follow specific departmental procedures in performing repair, maintenance, alteration, and installation work in a safe and neat manner. Determine defects, troubleshoot malfunctions, take necessary corrective action, and record same following specific departmental procedures for guest rooms and basic mechanical equipment. Document all work performed, parts needed, and parts used on service requests. Keep all property areas in good repair with a level of quality by providing day to day maintenance to the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management and in his or her absents. Analyze problems, identify courses of action, and implement solutions with available resources and communicate results. Possess adequate skills for the writing of routine reports, logs, and correspondence. Communicate effectively with customers and associates.
• Ensure the hotel’s maintenance and upkeep standards meet WL, Brand, and Guest standards
• Support Chief Engineer in overseeing and supervising all aspects of the Engineering function of the hotel
• Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
• Guest rooms - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, and cosmetic items
• Public areas - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment and cosmetic items
• Fire alarm/life safety system - monitor and perform system tests as necessary, be fully informed of the system operation and handle emergencies involving the systems; have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems
• Energy conservation - observe energy and utilities usage in the resort and on the grounds; look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the engineering management
• Clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment; see all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area; protect and otherwise maintain assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the engineering management
• Be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guest and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency; act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status; inform engineering management of any such emergencies
• Be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and strive to work in an accident-free manner and create a safe work environment for others; continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests and take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found
• Read, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units; maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and ensure this information is passed on to other shifts
• Clean all engineering areas as directed by engineering management; work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized; serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel (at the discretion of engineering management or the General Manager)
• Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner; maintain communications with supervisors to ensure all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order; follow up on any items that may be on back order; keep supervisor/manager updated on assignments; provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested
• Make structural repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings; patch or replace plaster/plasterboard; paint walls and ceilings; trim, cut and lay flooring (linoleum, tile, carpet, etc.)
• Check fixtures, lighting, and signs for proper operation; maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and light bulbs
• Respond and complete maintenance work orders in a timely manner
• Keep all work areas (shop and guestrooms) neat and orderly
• Remains flexible and responsive to scheduling needs
HOW TO APPLY:
Please make sure to apply directly through our website by following the link below:
Our Hotel in Teaneck NJ features stylishly updated guest rooms, dedicated concierge floors, the M Club, Pancetta Regional Kitchen + Bar, as well as an experienced sales and events team to plan and execute flawless meetings and events. Featuring 26,500 sq ft of event space, our hotel in Teaneck serves as an ideal meeting facility and wedding venue. Perfect for getaways, business meetings and lavish social events, Marriott Teaneck offers updated guest rooms and luxury suites with all the comforts of home. The ideal spot amongst hotels in Teaneck for sporting events at MetLife Stadium, the Marriott at Glenpointe is just minutes away from all the action. As a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner with stylish accommodations and a health club and spa, make Teaneck Marriott the ideal choice for a hotel in Bergen County.
The Marriott Teaneck at Glenpointe is managed by White Lodging. In 1985, White Lodging started as a one-hotel company in Northwest Indiana. Today, the company is one of the hospitality industry leaders, combining development, ownership and management into one continuously growing package with 168 premium-branded, select and full service hotels in 21 states along with more than 30 restaurants, totaling nearly $1 billion in revenue. Our nearly 9,000 associates strive to maximize the value of every asset, guided by our core values of growth, accountability, ethics, impact, reliability and genuine care.
To become the most desired and highly valued developer, owner and manager of leading brand full and select service hotels in the United States.