posted August 23, 20191 Hotel South Beach
About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
Responsible for the developing, coordinating, and conducting 1 Hotels Loss Prevention training programs and initiatives. Ensures the integration of the departments Vision and Mission throughout new and ongoing training.
• Works to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of training events for Loss Prevention department by managing and coordinating the logistics and systems for training programs and sessions.
• Directs the design, delivery and documentation of Loss Prevention training programs ensuring that training delivered exceeds 1 Hotels Standards of Excellence.
• Oversees the training and development of all new hires during the training period.
• Conducts department-wide needs assessment to identify skill or knowledge gaps and compliance requirements needing to be addressed.
• Develop in-house training programs and training materials utilizing existing subject matter experts and extensive collaboration with Loss Prevention Leadership Team.
• Provides technical expertise for MS SHIFT, HOTSOS, Salto, HMS and other user interfaces, database integrity and troubleshooting.
• Supports Loss Prevention department in the creation and maintenance of training programs, plans, matrices and training records; informing employees of training opportunities and providing necessary information.
• Tracks all training activity completion and reports training metrics on a timely basis to Management team.
• Delivers orientation training to New Hires, following the guidelines established in the training matrix and training manual(s). Assists with the onboarding of New Hires.
• Other duties as assigned
WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
• At least 3 years’ experience in delivery of professional training programs.
• Extensive experience with designing and implementing training programs.
• Strong knowledge of Learning Management Systems and web delivery.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.