POSITION TITLE: Massage/Body/Hydrotherapy Technician
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Rooms/Health & Fitness
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Massage/Body/Hydrotherapy Supervisor & Dir. of Spa/Recreation
DATE (Revised): March 7, 2016
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Will administer body treatments and massages to guests therefore providing exceptional service to create an extraordinary guest experience. Responsible for maintaining Four Diamond quality standards and ensuring that 100% quality guest service is achieved.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
· Provides prompt service with each appointment and performs services within the appropriate allotted time.
· Reports to work on time and according to posted schedules.
· Performs general information on hotel and surrounding areas to guests.
· Attends appropriate departmental meetings.
· Provides consistent professional body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
· Is flexible with schedules, supporting the needs of the spa.
· Properly cares for the equipment and uses proper amounts of product to assist in cost controls.
· Has complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas.
· Actively promotes home care programs, meeting retail sales goals.
· Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
· Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all amenities as well as any special events.
· Up sells other hotel services and amenities to guests.
· Performs prep work and properly cleans and restocks room as required.
· Communicates to management any and all issues involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
· Actively promotes the spa, treatments, services and retail services as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
· Handles guest’s questions and concerns promptly, professionally and courteously.
· Provides accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
· Possesses the ability to work without direct supervision.
· Maintains a positive attitude and contributes toward a quality work environment.
· Must be able to stand on feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking.
· Must be able to lift & carry, or pull up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
· Must be able to perform simple grasping, fin manipulation, squeezing and repetitive hand & arm movements constantly.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have a strong passion and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
· Must be able to work well under pressure.
· Must have a strong passion for assisting guests in attaining their beauty and wellness goals.
· Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
· Must be highly detail oriented.
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
· Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
· Must always ensure a TEAMWORK environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include working days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates.
· Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
· Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
· Must be able to read, write and speak English.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent.
· At least two years previous experience giving massage and body treatments in a similar setting preferred.
Valid New Mexico massage therapy license required.
Eldorado Hotel & Spa in Santa Fe is one of the premier Santa Fe hotels, where award-winning luxury and unexpected delights set the stage for an enchanting visit. Our grand hotel is conveniently located near the Historic Santa Fe Plaza, offering the perfect embodiment of the spirit of the city. We welcome guests to come experience our luxurious Santa Fe accommodations and amenities including on-site restaurant and bars, roof-top pool, more than 22,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor event space.
For 30 years Eldorado Hotel & Spa has provided exceptional Santa Fe lodging. Our AAA Four-Diamond-rated Santa Fe hotel in downtown Santa Fe offers spa services unparalleled to other luxury Santa Fe hotels. We are also a proud member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, offering iPrefer consumer loyalty points at a global collection of independent hotels.
With more than 22,000 square feet of event space including outdoor space surrounded by views of downtown Santa Fe and the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Eldorado Hotel & Spa offers a wide range of locations for social and business events. The hotel's professional events staff will help plan your event to perfection.
Santa Fe's most beautiful weddings happen at Eldorado Hotel & Spa. Couples have the opportunity to select their desired location from an array of stunning ballrooms, intimate spaces, a romantic patio, and an elegant non-denominational chapel--La Capilla de Oro! To make our brides' day even more special, we suggest a special day with spa treatments designed just for the bride at our hotel's Nidah Spa.