Maintains the hotel and hotel rooms in a guest ready state. Works closely with the General Manager and the Head Room Attendant to clean each room and hotel public spaces to brand standards ensuring guest readiness. WEEKENDS MANDATORY
Performs a wide variety of cleaning tasks in the hotel including cleaning guest rooms and public spaces. Washes and folds laundry and occasionally performs the duties of the on-call overnight shift. Work shifts vary by day and week and depending upon business needs.
- Receives a list of rooms at the start of shift to identify rooms and public spaces to be cleaned during shift.
- Maintains an orderly cart utilizing the detailed Cart Program. The cart contains clean linens, towels, toiletry items, cleaning and disinfecting supplies, broom, dust pan and mop. Carts should be stocked and ready to go at the beginning of the Room Attendant’s shift.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways so that health standards are met, and the property is clean to WoodSpring standards.
- Cleans doors, door frames, vents, windows, cabinets, walls, outlets, packaged terminal air conditioner (PTAC) and windows.
- Cleans and inspects fire prevention devices (smoke alarms and sprinklers).
- Inspects rooms and public areas to accepted health and safety standards for pest control.
- Replaces soiled linen and towels, disinfects bathroom surfaces, dusts or wipes down all surfaces, sweeps and mops all floors.
- Replenishes room supplies, toilet paper, soap, trash liners, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets and transports other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Observes precautions required to protect hotel and guests, immediately reports any damage to a room, as well as any contents that should not be in a room (drugs, weapons, animals, etc.) to the General Manager.
- Notifies General Manager of any maintenance issues.
- Notifies General Manager of leftover guest belongings and bags and tags the items.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and organized.
- Washes and folds laundry.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager
Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other duties may be assigned.
Communication—Listens well and follows instructions.
Dependability and reliability– Displays responsible behaviors at work: attendance and punctuality, attention to details, following directions, and fulfilling obligations.
Integrity – Displays strong moral principles and work ethic. Behaving ethically, acting fairly, and taking responsibility.
Professionalism – Maintaining a professional presence. Demonstrating self-control, maintaining a professional demeanor and a positive attitude.
- Quality Inspection process.
- Room Ready Inspection Experience.
- Blood Borne Pathogen Certification preferred.
- Hotel/Apartment/Cleaning Experience.
- OSHA Certified preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Continuous standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, moving about, and lifting furniture/furnishings.
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, pushing, wiping.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals (cleaning materials), odors, dirt and dust.