posted September 13, 20191 Hotel West Hollywood
About 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Nestled at the base of the Hollywood Hills, with sweeping views from Downtown to Santa Monica, 1 Hotel West Hollywood draws inspiration from the land, sea, and abundant sunshine of Southern California. In the heart of West Hollywood, a new stay is coming to LA.
About 1 Hotels:
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. 1 Hotel West Hollywood will be the brand’s first location on the West Coast. All 1 Hotels are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure—and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. Our clothes hangers are made from 100% post-consumer recycled materials. Our room keys come in five different types of recycled wood. Our hotels are home to thousands of different plants. We focus on being more than a brand—we’re a platform for change.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Loss Prevention Manager is responsible for the safety and security of the hotel's assets, guests, and associates including accountability for all loss prevention functions and staff. During times of excitement or uncertainty demonstrate a calm and professional demeanor, yet identify and manage situations that pose a risk. Responds to any safety and security issues, concerns or disasters in accordance with all policies, procedures and regulations. Maintains close vigilance of the operation. Directs and works with leaders and team members to successfully execute all loss prevention operations.
Assists the Director of Loss Prevention in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Assists in the development of detailed "shut down" procedures for the property to ensure that all areas are secured at the appropriate times.
• Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develops a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with guests, employees, vendors, etc.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Monitors all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
• Responsible for inventory, storage, organization, and tracking of lost and found.
• Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, handling shipping and receiving of guest packages, electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Oversees first aid program for guests and employees.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Reports to the Director of Loss Prevention. Oversees outsourced loss prevention team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High school education or equivalent experience; minimum three years’ prior experience in loss prevention or security.
• Knowledge of fire safety codes.
• Excellent speech communication skills required to communicate with guests, associates, managers and use radio.
• Excellent comprehension and literacy required to complete reports, logs.
• Lifting, pushing, pulling, carrying: may be necessary to carry people or equipment in emergency situation.
• Bending/kneeling would be necessary in administering CPR and First Aid.
• Mobility when responding to emergencies and patrolling the building. Usage of stairs in responding to fire alarms.
• Current CPR, First Aid certification, AED certification and trained in TIPS.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
Some benefits of working with us 1 Hotel West Hollywood:
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, special projects relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
• Participate in hotel sustainability initiatives such as recycling, waste management and employee activities.
• Enliven the cause by storytelling to guests on sustainable features, following food waste management protocol & recommending menu items with least environmental impact.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.