posted August 25, 2019The Estate Yountville
JOB TITLE: Director of Catering & Conference Services
REPORTS TO: Area Director of Sales & Marketing
BASIC PURPOSE: Plan and manage the sales effort of the Catering Department of the hotel and to achieve customer satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding revenue/profit goals.
ORGANIZATIONAL SCOPE: Position is responsible for long and short term planning and the day-to-day sales operations of the Catering department. Recommends promotional ideas and procedural changes. Recommends the catering budget and manages expenses within approved budget constraints. Must be able to interface with Executive Committee Members and Executive Chef to ensure quality, cost satisfaction and profitability.
1. Manage the day to day sales activities and Human Resources in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate catering sales managers and associates; train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, and discipline as appropriate.
2. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the catering budget, sales and marketing strategy/plan, goals and forecasts to maximize the hotel's public meeting space and meet/exceed management expectations.
3. Develop and implement special packages and create new menus within corporate guidelines while keeping abreast of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
4. Coordinate and assist in planning catering service/banquet operations through the Banquet Manager and implement company programs in the Catering Department to ensure compliance with SOP's, safety regulations and procedures and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
5. Review and direct the work of outside contractors maximizing revenues while ensuring set-up, pricing and following through meets hotel and corporate quality standards and customer satisfaction is achieved.
1. Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote sales.
2. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: A degree from a four year college or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Experience required by position is from four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of principles and practices within the catering sales, F&B and hospitality professions. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems, efficient sales activities, food and beverage management, etc.
Requires investigating and analyzing current activities or information and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make decisions guided by established policies and procedures.
Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently negotiate, convince, sell and influence the managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
No. of employees supervised: Supervise one to five employees.
Travel required: As required.
Hours Required: Forty to fifty hours over a five day period; days and times may vary based on need.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.
Nestled in the charming town of Yountville in the renowned Napa Valley wine region, The Estate is a luxe new lifestyle destination and playground for the senses, set on a lush and luring 22-acre village-within-a-village. The first of its kind, The Estate has redesigned the wine country experience in a very vino-cultured way spilling out its contemporary elegance and a zesty modern vibe across an interconnected retreat accentuated by two luxury hotels with decidedly difference personalities - the sinfully good and oh-so-social Hotel Villagio, and its sophisticated counterpart, Vintage House, a stylish and serene sanctuary. Arrayed around the hotels, swish pool zones, a luxurious spa and a walkable collective of vintners, dining, shopping, and entertainment options inspired by Yountville's star-studded reputation.
Culture vultures and savvy travelers will have their pick of stays to fit their whims, their vibe, or their travel companions, surrounded by an amply-endowed enclave of style-wise accommodations and splendid relaxation - taste and tastings. Flanking Main Street over multiple blocks, The Estate is a stone's throw from some of the country's finest dining options - Yountville is a super-nova of star-studded chefs.
Meaning days find guests soaking up the California sun from a poolside cabana before sampling wine from a local vintner, then snagging a table at one of the town's many sought-after restaurants before returning to a room or suite designed as a haven in its own right. Whatever is on the agenda, The Estate invites guests to explore the Valley in a worldly way - indulging in a bespoke itinerary from a luxurious basecamp that showcases Napa's deep-rooted culture and heritage, while reinventing wine country hospitality in an authentic, modern and unprecedented way. Welcome to a grand exploration, the alluring centerpiece of Yountville - a place where splendid relaxation meets exceptional taste, and every detail is thoughtful. This is The Estate.