About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
The Leisure Travel Sales Manager is the primary point of contact to the luxury leisure market and is an important ambassador for the resort. Responsibilities include account management, guest room sales, contract negotiations, customer service, and execution of flawless guest experiences. The candidate will both identify and solicit new accounts in the leisure travel market. Customer base will include travel agencies, domestic and international wholesale operators, extended stay guests and the local business travel market. Duties include on property entertainment, outside sales calls and travel.
• Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
• Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• Development and execution of a successful business plan
• Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate rates, confirming by written contracts
• Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
• Network with other 1 Hotels and Global Sales to maximize business opportunities
• Involved in revenue management team of resort and close relationship with Director of Revenue Management
• Maintain active presence in local community
• Communicate and coordinate the needs of the leisure market VIPS
• Weekly sales calls and client entertainment
• Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
• Coordinate business trips and appointments within assigned markets
• Work closely with other departments to ensure all details are in order for on property entertainment, hotel tours and guest stays
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as required
• Balance operational, administrative and colleague needs
• Follow departmental policies and procedures
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
• 5 years of sales experience in luxury resort in similar position
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and/or relevant computer applications required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Strong solicitation and selling skills
• Organized and detailed oriented individual
• Strong negotiation skills
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.