Hotel Engineering Manager
The Chief Engineer leads a team of this beautiful hotel that is currently under construction and slated to open Q4 2019. The hotel is located immediately adjacent to Roosevelt Field Mall. It will feature 163 contemporary guest suites, an indoor pool, and one state-of-the-art meeting room.
The Chief Engineer will perform maintenance and repair procedures throughout a state-of-the-art property, including completing preventive maintenance to electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling system, performing trash pick up, and unloading and storing deliveries. Under the Chief’s direction, the Maintenance department responds promptly to guest requests in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining professional standards for quality of work, follow-up, and appearance. As a member of the hotel’s leadership team, the Chief Engineer supervises two or more Maintenance Team Members in the performance of their duties, while establishing and maintaining relationships with vendors supporting the property and its systems.
Specific duties include:
- Selecting, training, and coaching team members to provide quality and responsive service
- Ensuring that the team performs preventive maintenance in lighting, plumbing, electrical circuits and wiring, HVAC, furniture, fixtures and equipment in guest rooms and public areas, doors and locks, floor surfaces, including carpets
- Establishing systems to ensure that any nonfunctioning items are properly identified, repaired and returned to service quickly or are disposed of properly
- Training staff to ensure prompt and appropriate response to any maintenance emergencies
- Ensuring that grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Ensuring every room possible is made available for rental by the end of each day
- Scheduling department members for days to be worked and work to be performed; Checks work of others for completion and quality and coaches for improvement as needed
- Ensuring that the team adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
- Five or more years apartment building or lodging Maintenance experience, with previous supervisory experience preferred
- Proficiency in electical, plumbing, heating and cooling, carpentry and other maintenance skills
- Ability to perform maintenance duties in a lodging facility in support of team and as coach and trainer
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – properly maintained facilities, equipment and systems ready to serve hotel guests and team members
- Local or state certifications may be required
- Valid Driver's License from the appropriate State.