posted September 7, 2019Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach
Whether you want to make your debut or go back on tour after a long hiatus, starting a career at Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach can feel more like play than work. Our property is the premier resort destination of Central Florida. This electrifying resort destination boasts rock star amenities at its AAA Four Diamond rated hotel ranging from Sessions restaurant, Wave bar, a Rock Spa® & Salon and music galore. Our Commitment to Service: We don’t have customers, we have Guests. Unparalleled Service isn’t just a part of our mission statement; it’s a commitment to each and every one of our current & future Guests. Our staff spends their time making sure that every single one of our guests gets the rock star treatment, but the Hard Rock Hotel family also rolls out the red carpet for our employees with competitive benefits & a great work environment.
The Hairstylist is responsible for providing courteous Spa Services to Guests. They will assist with any Guest request in a consummately professional, positive and proactive manner.
Essential Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To
• Performs hair style consultation in order to decide what services the client desires
• Understands all Salon & Spa services, treatments, and must be able to explain each in a clear, precise manner
• Provides services to clients such as make up applications, shampooing, cutting, styling, coloring and highlighting, as desired
• Open to learning and providing new and innovative procedures trending in the styling industry to guest
• Maintains safety standards and cleanliness of area
• Oversees all work leaving the salon and addresses any unacceptable work with positive reinforcement and one on one education class if necessary
• Emphasizes product benefits and assist clients in the selection of retail products or services for their hair care or make up needs
• Conducts themselves in accordance with all Hotel departmental policies and procedures
• Other assignments as directed
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a full-service salon/spa
• Holds valid Cosmetology license issued by the state of Florida
• Experience in salon or hotel environment preferred
• Ability to work flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
• Team-oriented and must enjoy working with and assisting people
• Able to exercise judgment on an independent basis
• Must be articulate and possess a professional appearance and demeanor
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities
• Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the Spa Salon which is a fast-paced, environment, with constant exposure to general public and excessive noise.
• This position requires the employee to stand for prolonged periods of time as well as frequent walking, sometimes stooping, bending and lifting up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Closing: Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Panoramic ocean views, legendary amenities, and modern luxury – Live large in the front row of one of America’s most famous beaches. Guests can bask in the Florida sun at our oceanfront pool. Or, grab a bite at our world-famous restaurant. And they can do it all while rocking to the impeccably-designed Hard Rock environment and exploring the exciting Daytona Beach nightlife. From family vacations and business trips to destination weddings, the Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach offers an unparalleled experience.