posted August 30, 2019San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
The Opportunity to work at the newly renovated San Mateo Marriott!
The Catering Event Manager is responsible for catering event execution while continually maximizing hotel revenue opportunities.
Measures of Performance
• Driving Sales
- Achieves or exceeds catering contracted food & beverage revenue minimums
- Maximize vendor’s profit line
- Listens and reads the customer; identifies opportunities to up sell customer through food & beverage offerings, outside catering fees, room upgrades, additional meeting space with room rental , AV and lighting upgrades and draping, if applicable
- Translates wants and needs into success for the customer, hotel and Evolution Hospitality
- Responsible for managing group room block – cut off dates or extensions, attrition projections and room block utilization
- Uses Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
• Use of Tools & Processes
- Maintains accurate sales system information on all bookings specifically Social Event details and client correspondence, traces up to date and use of To Do list
- Follows proper Catering & Event management procedures for event execution to include but not limited to event orders creation, f & b forecasting, resume communication, amenity/VIP designation and room block management
- Produce accurate catering event orders and resumes within timeframe set by hotel
- Maintain accurate wedding packages and assure profit line
- Assured all Wedding packages accuracy in CITY
- Ensures regular on going communication is happening amongst the team to recognize performance and communicate client’s expectation thru Event orders, Resumes and Change logs
- Monthly and or weekly updates to clients on food and beverage commitments
- Handle all billing aspects, assuring billing accuracy before going to client
- Handle all social groups details and ensure estimated charges are updated and submit to accounting 7 days prior client’s arrival
- Work closely with outside caterers to assure excellent execution on the day of event
- Looks for ways to improve processes and enhance sales systems
- Submit all wedding packages outside vendor’s orders to Catering Coordinator 6 – 12 months.
- Complete all wedding event orders 4 to 6 months prior arrival
- Applies an in-depth knowledge of Evolution Hospitality’s tools to find opportunities to increase profitability
• Building a Systemic Service Culture
- Creates a dynamic and positive relationship with customer from sales phase through on site execution along with Catering Sales Manager
- Introduction with customer made within 24 hours of booking turnover
- Responds to all customer inquiries within 24 hours or sooner
- Schedule Wedding food tasting 4 to 6 months prior wedding date
- Schedule final walk-thru for all weddings 4 – 5 days prior arrival.
- Maintains accurate and timely internal hotel communication
- Conducts site inspections with sales team
- Promotes hotel through personal involvement in community and business networking organizations
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or combination of education, training or experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the Event Manager job duties
- Must be computer literate; have experience using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, CITY,experience preferred
- Basic understanding of event management policies and execution
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Skills for problem-solving, analysis, effective decision-making, negotiation and interpretation of contracts
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Knowledge of hotel features & benefits
• Work Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in event planning or execution
- Experience at a similar size and quality hotel or venue
• Work Approach Attributes:
- Demonstrates vertical flexibility
- Uses an analytical approach
- Portrays a genuine style
- Strategically proactive
• Working Environment:
- Fast paced, high energy
- Private office, open cubicle or remote
- High touch by phone, electronic and in person
An Equal Opportunity Employer About Evolution Hospitality
Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
This contemporary San Mateo hotel is located just 8 miles from San Francisco International Airport and also midway to Silicon Valley's high-tech businesses, including Oracle, SAP, Visa, Rakuten and Medallia. Among the premier SFO Airport hotels, the San Mateo Marriott welcomes guests with stylish, luxurious accommodations and warm, welcoming service. Featuring spacious guest rooms with plush beds and all the amenities you'll need, distinctive event space, on-site breakfast and room service, a well-equipped fitness center and more, our hotel near SFO airport provides everything you need to work and relax.