posted September 5, 2019SpringHill Suites San Diego Mission Valley
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the housekeeping standards of all guest and meeting rooms, public spaces, hallways, work, and storage areas. The Supervisor may inspect the work of others and may individually clean rooms, public spaces or other areas as needed.
Core Responsibilities Include:
· Inspecting guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order. Perform or assist with cleaning duties as necessary.
· Coordinating cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, working with front desk and maintenance personnel.
· Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
· Training and coaching housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules.
· Conducts new employee training.
· Supporting the hotel's leadership team in managing labor costs within budget standards and staffing guidelines for rooms sold.
· Following facility safety and security guidelines, ensuring key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage. Serves as an emergency responder for the location.
· Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper/House Attendant cart arrangements.
· Developing work schedules and coordinating staff work assignments in conjunction with hotel General Manager or Assistant General Manager and facility staffing guidelines.
· Conducting regular tours of work areas, reviewing housekeeping efforts of staff and checking for productivity in completion of assignments. Supplements team's efforts by cleaning as needed.
· Provides input to General Manager for team member selection process and for associate performance reviews.
· Ability to clean and perform housekeeping duties in a lodging facility.
· Ability to work well with others.
· Strong work ethic.
· Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English.
· Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
· Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
· Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
· Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome – clean, organized and refreshed hotel property – through and with others
· Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
Celebrate travel at the NEW Springhill Suites Mission Valley hotel. Centrally located in the heart of San Diego, we offer complimentary hotel-wide WiFi, a daily breakfast buffet, and quick access to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, Historic Old Town, the Gaslamp District, and San Diego State University. Our hotel in Mission Valley is within walking distance to the San Diego Trolley, minutes from the San Diego Convention Center, and a short distance to the Westfield Mission Valley Mall and Qualcomm Stadium. Relax in our spacious studio suites, offering living and sleep areas with a semi room divider, a work space, a wet-bar with microwave and mini-fridge, sofa sleeper, plush Marriott bedding, and flat screen TV complete with digital programming such as Netflix and Hulu. Take a dip in our outdoor heated pool or kick back at our outdoor fire pit. Guests visiting the Mission Valley area of San Diego for business will appreciate our state of the art meeting room equipped with the best in audio visual equipment.