posted September 9, 2019Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort
1. Supervise work of kitchen team and train associates to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
2. Inspect daily use records with manager ensuring that estimates are filled in correctly and associates are following these estimates as closely as possible.
3. Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers.
4. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to team.
5. Attend all associates meetings. Offer suggestions on solving associates problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all of the food production areas within the kitchen.
6. Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas of the kitchen. Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the "clean as you go" policy.
7. Inspect all work stations and ensure proper set-up for meal periods.
8. Prepare daily production charts.
9. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
10. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline employees, as necessary. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
A quintessential Florida vacation destination, our hotel is nestled along the historic St. Andrews Bay, with a distinct coastal experience as the only AAA Four Diamond rated hotel in Panama City Beach.
A water lover’s paradise, the beauty of the Emerald Coast is at your fingertips at the Sheraton Panama City Beach Golf & Spa Resort. Dig your toes in the white sands of our bay beach and relax along the shore or make a splash with a trip to Shell Island or a wave runner rental. Boat excursions include a day sailing aboard the Footloose Catamaran on a snorkel/dolphin cruise or captain your own pontoon boat rental for a day of fun in the sun with the whole family.