The Greenskeeper position is the introductory level golf course position and performs routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance, does semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance, operates small hand-powered equipment, rakes and shovels sand bunkers, may be assigned responsibility for the care and maintenance of several designated holes on the golf course and does related work as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates mowers and string trimmers in mowing and trimming greens, aprons, tees, around trees, fence lines, banks and hillsides; edges cart paths; edges, rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
• Maintains ball washers; replaces tee towels and flags when needed; removes debris; sands and seeds tee and drop area divots; and cleans flower beds.
• Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems or failure to the mechanic or supervisor immediately.
• Returns all equipment used by them to the designated location at the maintenance facility and cleans the maintenance areas.
• Helps in project work; assists in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways, grades and prepares soil base, lays sod and seeds tees, greens and fairways.
• May be asked to operate mowers or other light equipment.
• Performs other duties as directed by his/her supervisor.
• Knowledge of methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction/maintenance work.
• Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds with assistance.
• Must be able to walk, sit and stand for a long period of time, as a daily routine.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Working knowledge of and ability to use hand and power tools and equipment.
• Ability to maintain a valid Texas driver's license.
• Must have neat and pleasant overall appearance
• Must be able to interact with co-workers and have a sense of TEAM.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.