posted September 7, 2019Hilton Waikiki Beach
This description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. The items described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employee contract, expresses, implied or otherwise, and does not alter the “at will” employment relationship of the employer and employee.
Take food and beverage orders; courteously and efficiently serve food and beverages to Guests in our Lounge and Restaurant; collect payments; assist in maintenance of bar area; make drinks for Restaurant food servers and cocktail servers.
· Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established or changed by the Hotel from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
· Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
· Ability to work independently and to perform duties & responsibilities to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing “Can Do” attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations
· Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
· Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
· Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
· Performs other duties as required to provide “Can Do” attitude genuine hospitality
Provides prompt quality service to customers of the restaurant/pool bar by preparing beverages and serving guests in accordance with Hilton standards
· Provides service by suggesting a cocktail/wine or non-alcoholic beverage, recommending promotional items and upselling to premium products as appropriate 35%
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of beverage recipes and mixing procedures 35%
· Maintains knowledge of bar inventory and wine selection to respond properly to customer questions 20%
· Prepares drinks in accordance with the server’s and guest’s order 50%
· Stocks and orders all supplies and glassware; displays beverages in an attractive fashion 15%
· Provides excellent customer service by suggesting food and beverage recommendations and upselling as appropriate 35%
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the menu 20%
· Provides guest with a high level of knowledge for menu choices 10%
· Takes guest’s order – provides explanation of menu and upsells as appropriate 10%
· Utilizes MICROS POS to accurately enter food & beverage orders an process discounts and payments 10%
· Keeps bar area and floor areas clean 5%
· Completes all side work assignments to restaurant bar standards 10%
· Consolidates/prepares bar garnishes and mixes/juices 15%
· Performs duties according to the Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines 20%
· Must perform manual and electronic transactions that include: monies, room charge, credit card, coupons, vouchers, and any hotel issued certificates 20%
Adheres to legal and/or Hilton policies and standards
· Understands and follows the Department of liquor control laws and regulations for beverage service
· Handles cash, checks and/or credit cards in accordance with Hilton policies
· Perform related duties as assigned by Manager
· Maintain compliance with all company and brand policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Must be 21 years of age
· High School Diploma or GED preferred
· At least two (2) years in comparable food and beverage service experience preferred
· One (1) year in a hotel setting preferred
· Excellent interpersonal skills a must
· Relevant military experience in a comparable capacity
· TB Clearance required
· Manager’s Liquor card required
· Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
· Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. 15%
· Minimal pushing and pulling tables up to 20 – 50 lbs 10%
· Carrying up to 5 lbs, occasionally up to 100 lbs 20%
· Continuous standing and walking on feet for an 8 hour shift
· Kneeling, bending & squatting 25%
· Full dexterity using both hands including: grasping and grabbing objects being handled 95%
· Reaching at or above shoulder height for objects 10%
· Must be able to listen and speak clearly on communication devices.
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808 921-5504 to let us know the nature of your request. EOE M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Ideally located in the heart of the island, Hilton Waikiki Beach is only one block from the sea. With Leahi (Diamond Head) as a stunning backdrop, this contemporary Waikiki hotel offers a true Hawaiian paradise without the resort fees. We offer rooms and suites with gorgeous views of the surroundings, resort-style amenities and delicious dining options available anytime of the day.