The Group Golf Sales Manager is responsible for networking, soliciting, booking and coordinating group room sales and golf rounds to meet and exceed revenue and profit goals, both for current and future years. The Group Golf Sales Manager is also responsible for identifying incremental group golf rounds by negotiating room rates, dates, and space for large golf groups and accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Solicit, negotiate and book new business through various efforts such as Golf Tradeshows, Blitzing Country Clubs, outside sales calls, telemarketing 50% of your work week from leads attained through marketing and tradeshows and blitzes; mailings, referrals, networking, etc. to maximize room revenue to meet and exceed goals.
• Notify and coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future golf sales prospects.
• Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel and market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue to meet and exceed golf sales goals.
• Develop and continually enhance relationships with key corporate, business, and travel industry accounts to maintain and increase our market share.
• Maintain accurate, legible records and files within the Resort’s Delphi system to provide group history, ensure future and current quality service, and enhance future prospects.
• Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
• Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
• A four year college degree or equivalent education or experience.
• A minimum of 3 years proven Hotel or Resort sales experience; or Golf experience as a golf coordinator or golf professional.
• Must possess good organizational skills and good verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be able to negotiate, influence, close, and book large golf events.
• Must have knowledge of and a proven track record in development of a market with a focus on finding, developing and closing of Corporate/Golf Organization Golf Events.
• Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
• Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to make sound business decisions based on established policies and procedures.
• Must possess solid Computer skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.