About 1 Hotels
As a luxury lifestyle hotel brand inspired by nature, 1 Hotels cultivates the best of eco-conscious design and sustainable architecture, together with extraordinary comfort and an unrivaled level of service. 1 Hotels launched in 2015 with the opening of exclusive properties in Miami’s South Beach and Manhattan’s Central Park. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge, which opened in February 2017, is the first ground-up build, flagship property for 1 Hotels in Dumbo’s Brooklyn Bridge Park. All 1 Hotels properties are inspired by a simple idea: those that travel the world also care about it. 1 Hotels upholds this vision by channeling nature through design and culinary partnerships, while connecting with the local community and taking sustainable steps to make a big difference.
1 IS ABOUT NATURE - Sustainability and Conservation at 1 Hotels at South Beach
Our goal is to celebrate all that is beautiful, natural and pure ---- and inspire us to live a more natural life. We want 1 Hotels to be the experience that encourages people to live well, do better, and connect with our environment, ourselves and others in a deeper, richer way. We are minimizing the impact to our environment in many different areas. There is no use for plastic bottles because we have triple filtered water for our guests. With sustainability and conservation in mind, 1 Hotels South Beach was built using sustainably harvested beetle kill pine. Our clothes hangers are made out of recycled paper with soy based ink. We focus on being more than a brand, but a cause.
Additional information can be found at www.1hotels.com.
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
You will be responsible for all activities related to the sales function and revenue generation from corporations within the territories assigned to you. These may include accounts in insurance, finance, legal, consumer products, automotive, retail, consulting, etc. As the Group Sales Manager, you will focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives and personal booking goals. Manager should have a minimum of 3 years of experience in group sales within the luxury /hospitality market.
You will be reporting to our Director of Group Sales.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• A post-secondary diploma or degree in a field of study related to this profession; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience handling Domestic and International Markets, including Latin America and Europe.
• Previous hotel sales experience within the luxury market; demonstrated selling skills; and proven achievements in selling, optimizing guest engagement and financial performance.
• Travel to key markets to meet with existing and potential customers with upcoming group RFPs
• Attend domestic and international tradeshows for networking and exposure purposes.
• Attend appropriate industry tradeshows as a Sales representative
• Maintain focus on future booking pace from established and potential accounts.
• Must possess strong presentation skills, exceptional follow-up capabilities and a strong business development acumen.
• Organize and conduct qualified familiarization trips.
• Analyze data, qualify, and perform targeted prospecting for new business.
• Requires strong time management skills.
• Experience successfully leading in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing demands.
• Strong interpersonal and guest relations abilities, a flexible, dynamic and positive demeanor.
• Must function optimally in a team environment.
• Well versed in Sales & Marketing and Revenue Management financial aspects.
• Ability to identify and solve problems.
• Professional & appropriate business appearance and demeanor aligned with the 1 Hotel brand and culture.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Flexibility to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation.
• Prior experience in a quality luxury hotel brand; specifically, in Sales & Marketing.
• Fluency in a second language other than English.
• Knowledge of hotel structure and interaction between departments.
• Prior experience with Delphi and HMS or similar Property Management System.
Some benefits of working with us at 1 Hotels South Beach
Our culture is caring and thoughtful, and we deliver good-natured and informed service, perfectly executed to evoke a sense of fulfillment and well-being. As a part of our team, you can look forward to activities that drive your passion for nature such as:
• Retirement planning - a great 401(k)/retirement savings plan
• Work life balance: Paid Time Off, Holidays (Earth Day is a holiday)
• Pre-tax benefits to encourage commuting, and even free bicycle parking
• Annual 8 hours paid to volunteer & hotel organized volunteer opportunities
• Wellness is important - competitive healthcare benefits & delicious, healthy meals - which are free
• Sustainable, beautiful and inspiring work environment - You see and feel nature everywhere in the hotel
• Our hotel is in the historic and world famous South Beach area of Miami, directly on the Atlantic Ocean
• More Wellness – A great partnership with Soul Cycle right next door. Take as many spinning classes as you want. Yes for free!
• We encourage walking along the beach before or after work as a way to take in the exceptional beauty of our beaches and ocean
• Career advancement, in-house training, cross-training, specific certifications to ensure “5 Star” standards are met, special projects
relating to brand awareness / messaging and education assistance
"* Maintain and encourage a culture of sustainability by hiring, training and leading to support team and guest facing initiatives and practices.
* Build and maintain a sustainability focused culture and execute initiatives to enliven this culture such as paper friendly practices, less than tokens, and ensuring team members are fluent in sustainable amenities and features."
1 Hotel South Beach retreat is inspired by 600-feet of white sand beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Designed for comfort, using reclaimed materials, it is one-of-a-kind, naturally.